From: Phyberlink on
I have Service Pack 2 on my Home Edition of Win XP, 32 bit My browser is IE
8
My windows are updated on regular basis. I have Norton AntiVirus 2009.

I open IE 8 Browser and I see nothing, I was able to see my Google home
Page, now I see nothing.
I updated my JAVA, and my Adobe flash.
I rebooted, and still nothing, I then downloaded Mozilla Firefox v3.5
browser and it works fine, but I prefer IE 8

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong? IE used to work fine for over 4
months, why now it is not ??

Please help.

Thanks in advance

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[Crosspost to IE General]

Please expand on "I see nothing:" Does IE not even open? Does it open to a
blank page? Does it open to a "Cannot display page" error message?

If your "windows are updated on a regular basis," why isn't WinXP SP3
installed yet (assuming you're not running WinXP 64-bit)? It's been
available for over a year-and-a-half and should have been offered by
Automatic Updates as well as Windows Update website by now.

Did the behavior start immediately after you'd installed IE8? ...after
installing the Oct-09 updates?

When does your NAV subscription expire? Did you disable NAV prior to
installing IE8? Did a Norton free-trial come preinstalled on your computer
when you bought it?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com