From: CJB on
From: Brian Mc on
In uk.telecom.broadband CJB <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote:
: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10159149.stm

Of course it could! I was managed computing systems at the end of a BT leased
line at the time of the last strike (~1985). Despite our leased line needing
no regular maintenance it "magically" died shortly after the strike started
- and remained dead until it was over! Our suspicion was that some striker
pulled a patch panel on his way out!

From: David on

"CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

How would it effect the web?
Will it not effect telephones too?

Will the whole thing go off straight away or just faults as they occur not
get fixed?
Regards
David

From: The Natural Philosopher on
Brian Mc wrote:
> In uk.telecom.broadband CJB <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10159149.stm
>
> Of course it could! I was managed computing systems at the end of a BT leased
> line at the time of the last strike (~1985). Despite our leased line needing
> no regular maintenance it "magically" died shortly after the strike started
> - and remained dead until it was over! Our suspicion was that some striker
> pulled a patch panel on his way out!

If I was seriously pissed off, I would too. Throw the power switch on
the racks.

Can the army run routers?

From: The Natural Philosopher on
David wrote:

> "CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10159149.stm
>
> How would it effect the web?
> Will it not effect telephones too?
>
> Will the whole thing go off straight away
If someone switches it off..last one out, turn off the lights
and..everything else..

or just faults as they occur
> not get fixed?

We can hope.