From: Charles on
Who comes up with these terms?

Moving the sensing plane/grid/metal collectors behind the photo diodes is a
nice idea. I think it will provide better sensor performance.

But how is it back lit? It is back sensed or back detected or back read, or
back ....

Geeez!

From: David J Taylor on
"Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Who comes up with these terms?
>
> Moving the sensing plane/grid/metal collectors behind the photo diodes
> is a nice idea. I think it will provide better sensor performance.
>
> But how is it back lit? It is back sensed or back detected or back
> read, or back ....
>
> Geeez!

See:
http://www.alphamountworld.com/photography-news/sonys-back-illuminated-cmos-sensor

I think that originally it meant that the chip sensed light from it's back
side, or lower surface, in the illustration above.

Cheers,
David