From: Branden Durst on
Hey Guys,

So maybe this is a really easy one, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I have a font that I am using for most of my webstie, but a lot of
users probably won't have the font. What I'd like to do is provide a
backup font in the situation where my defined font is not available.
In other words, my defined font is Tw Cen MT, but if a visitor to the
site doesn't have it, I'd like it to display Arial.

Thanks in advance!
From: Your Name on
In article
<b42f9d0e-3a19-4d00-9d4a-df7e7bc3a7a1(a)w39g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
Branden Durst <durstbj(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> So maybe this is a really easy one, but I can't seem to figure it out.
>
> I have a font that I am using for most of my webstie, but a lot of
> users probably won't have the font. What I'd like to do is provide a
> backup font in the situation where my defined font is not available.
> In other words, my defined font is Tw Cen MT, but if a visitor to the
> site doesn't have it, I'd like it to display Arial.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Just use Arial. It will save a lot of hassle with things looking strange
in one font but perfect in another.
From: Branden Durst on
On Mar 20, 10:45 pm, your.n...(a)isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
> In article
> <b42f9d0e-3a19-4d00-9d4a-df7e7bc3a...(a)w39g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
>
> Branden Durst <durs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
>
> > So maybe this is a really easy one, but I can't seem to figure it out.
>
> > I have a font that I am using for most of my webstie, but a lot of
> > users probably won't have the font.  What I'd like to do is provide a
> > backup font in the situation where my defined font is not available.
> > In other words, my defined font is Tw Cen MT, but if a visitor to the
> > site doesn't have it, I'd like it to display Arial.
>
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> Just use Arial. It will save a lot of hassle with things looking strange
> in one font but perfect in another.

There isn't a way to do it?
From: Your Name on

"Branden Durst" <durstbj(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Mar 20, 10:45 pm, your.n...(a)isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
> In article
> <b42f9d0e-3a19-4d00-9d4a-df7e7bc3a...(a)w39g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
> Branden Durst <durs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hey Guys,
> > >
> > > So maybe this is a really easy one, but I can't seem to figure it out.
> > >
> > > I have a font that I am using for most of my webstie, but a lot of
> > > users probably won't have the font. What I'd like to do is provide a
> > > backup font in the situation where my defined font is not available.
> > > In other words, my defined font is Tw Cen MT, but if a visitor to the
> > > site doesn't have it, I'd like it to display Arial.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Just use Arial. It will save a lot of hassle with things looking strange
> > in one font but perfect in another.
>
> There isn't a way to do it?

You can specify fonts using Style Sheets, but the two fonts won't be exactly
the same, so things that line up nicely using one font may well look messy
in the other. It's best to stick to the standard "web safe" fonts.

In fact even using the standard web fonts can cause problems since the Mac
substitutes Helvetica for Arial (unless you've got Mac Office installed)
which isn't exactly the same.

From: Branden Durst on
On Mar 20, 11:51 pm, "Your Name" <your.n...(a)isp.com> wrote:
> "Branden Durst" <durs...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 20, 10:45 pm, your.n...(a)isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <b42f9d0e-3a19-4d00-9d4a-df7e7bc3a...(a)w39g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Just use Arial. It will save a lot of hassle with things looking strange
> > > in one font but perfect in another.
>
> > There isn't a way to do it?
>
> You can specify fonts using Style Sheets, but the two fonts won't be exactly
> the same, so things that line up nicely using one font may well look messy
> in the other. It's best to stick to the standard "web safe" fonts.
>
> In fact even using the standard web fonts can cause problems since the Mac
> substitutes Helvetica for Arial (unless you've got Mac Office installed)
> which isn't exactly the same.- Hide quoted text -

Wow that was easy... I just had to go into page properties and set the
default font. Thanks!