From: Enrique on
I'm trying to backup a server (W2K3) using the backup utility but I keep getting the following error messages:
Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0x8007000e.

Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

It has an 18GB Hard Drive with 11GB free. The event viewer logs the following message:
Event ID: 21
Source: VolSnap
The flush and hold operation for volume C: was aborted because of low available system memory.

I have 2GB of RAM and 2GB of Virtual Memory.

What could be causing this error message?

Thanks,
Enrique
From: Ian on
Enrique wrote:
> I'm trying to backup a server (W2K3) using the backup utility but I keep
> getting the following error messages:
> Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:0x8007000e.
>
> Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:Not enough storage
> is available to complete this operation.
>
> It has an 18GB Hard Drive with 11GB free. The event viewer logs the
> following message:
> Event ID: 21
> Source: VolSnap
> The flush and hold operation for volume C: was aborted because of low
> available system memory.
>
> I have 2GB of RAM and 2GB of Virtual Memory.
>
> What could be causing this error message?
>

> Thanks,
> Enrique
Hi,

See Link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826751

Ian
From: Enrique on
I failed to mention that I'm on Service Pack 1 of Windows 2003 Server. The
service pack supersedes the knowledge base article: 826751. I have version
5.2.3790.1830 of the Vssapi.dll file vs. 5.2.3790.79 that the hotfix has.

From: lukesh on
Hi Enrique,
Call Microsoft for hotfix 907875 which might resolve your problem. All
hotfixes are for free.

Lukesh

From: v-jasont on
Hi Enrique,

Thanks fo posting!

Based on my research. I agree with Lukesh that you may attempt to call PSS
to obtain the hotfix. If you still have any updates or concerns after you
install the hotfix. please feel free to post back!

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support