From: Connie on
We have a Windows 2003 server. One of our websites has a link. This link
will take the client to our server and open a session.

We have it set up and can access the server via this link from certain
computers, but not others (all with similar OS's). The error that appears
is: Object required: msrdpclient.

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks
Connie
From: Ian on
Connie wrote:
> We have a Windows 2003 server. One of our websites has a link. This link
> will take the client to our server and open a session.
>
> We have it set up and can access the server via this link from certain
> computers, but not others (all with similar OS's). The error that appears
> is: Object required: msrdpclient.
>
> Can anyone help with this?
> Thanks
> Connie
What os's are on your clients - remote desktop did not ship with win2k -
It Can be downloaded from the MS Download Site
From: Connie on
Hi Ian. Clients can access the server from their computer. The problem is
that we want them to be able to acces the server from the webpage link. We
have 2 computers that access the server this way, but others that can't.
msrdpclient seems to be the culprit and we are not sure what the fix is. Any
suggestions?

From: Ian on
Connie wrote:
> Hi Ian. Clients can access the server from their computer. The problem is
> that we want them to be able to acces the server from the webpage link. We
> have 2 computers that access the server this way, but others that can't.
> msrdpclient seems to be the culprit and we are not sure what the fix is. Any
> suggestions?
>
> "Ian" wrote:
>

>>Connie wrote:
>>
>>>We have a Windows 2003 server. One of our websites has a link. This link
>>>will take the client to our server and open a session.
>>>
>>>We have it set up and can access the server via this link from certain
>>>computers, but not others (all with similar OS's). The error that appears
>>>is: Object required: msrdpclient.
>>>
>>>Can anyone help with this?
>>>Thanks
>>>Connie
>>
>>What os's are on your clients - remote desktop did not ship with win2k -
>>It Can be downloaded from the MS Download Site

What URL are you using to connect? /default.htm or connect.asp?

Do the client machines allow download / installation of ActiveX Controls?