From: flipz on
Hello all,
My name is Brent and I am a student. My text book for managing windows
server 2003 came with an eval copy of windws 2003 server enterprise edition.

It has a 180 day time bomb. I installed it 15 days ago, and just rebooted
for the first time. It now tells me I need to activate to even login, which
is not a problem since it is a legit version I got with my text book. The
problem is that everytime I click activate, it tells me it's already
activated and logs me out! What can I do to fix this problem? It doesn't give
me an option to call. I will gladly activate it, I just need to get to a
point that I can!

Thanks,
-brent
From: M on
You copy may have already been activated. Did you buy the book new?
You won't like this but the evaluation edition of Windows XP was stated to
last 180 days but actually lasts only 30 days. It may be that Windows
Server 2003 is the same. Microsoft self study guides allow you to study at
you own pace, but you only have 30 days!

From: lukesh on
Hi,
Go to safe mode. Go to %systemroot%/system32 and rename wpl.dbl. Extract
this file from the Windows server 2003 cd to the same location. Open regedit.
Go to Hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\current
version\wpaevents. Backup the key first. Delete the first two data bytes from
the oobe timer key.
Reboot in the normal mode.

Thanks,
Lukesh

From: lukesh on
Hi,
In case the previous steps don't work follow this:

NOTE Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders option is checked and
that the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) is unchecked.

Delete the Reset.bat file from the %Windir%\Repair folder.

Search for the following files in the %Windir%\System32 and
%Windir%\System32\Config folders. Delete any of these files that you find.
Reset3.bat
Secreset.cmd
Secreset.bat
Resetwpa.reg
Reset5.exe
Resetservice.exe
Reset5.bat
Reset5.DT1
Reset5.DT2
Reset5.DT3
Reset5.DAT
Reset5.exe

Reboot the computer.

Click Start , point to All Programs , point to Accessories , point to System
Tools , and then click Activate Windows .

If the Windows Product Activation Wizard prompts the user to activate
Windows, follow the instructions in the wizard and activate Windows again.

Restart the computer, and then start the wizard again to confirm that it
does not prompt for activation again.

Lukesh

"flipz" wrote:

> Hello all,
> My name is Brent and I am a student. My text book for managing windows
> server 2003 came with an eval copy of windws 2003 server enterprise edition.
>
> It has a 180 day time bomb. I installed it 15 days ago, and just rebooted
> for the first time. It now tells me I need to activate to even login, which
> is not a problem since it is a legit version I got with my text book. The
> problem is that everytime I click activate, it tells me it's already
> activated and logs me out! What can I do to fix this problem? It doesn't give
> me an option to call. I will gladly activate it, I just need to get to a
> point that I can!
>
> Thanks,
> -brent

Pages: 1