From: desgnr on
When i backed up today i get 2 files.
2010-03-01

2010-03-01.AM09.19

Both say Backup file & have the same date.
Can you explain the 2 different files & why i get 2
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

From: ps56k on

"desgnr" <desgnr(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> When i backed up today i get 2 files.
> 2010-03-01
>
> 2010-03-01.AM09.19
>
> Both say Backup file & have the same date.
> Can you explain the 2 different files & why i get 2
> --

what version ?
what does it say in Quicken at the very top blue bar - file name -

in your Backup sub-dir -
do you see the file "suffix" or do you have those "hidden"
XP -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View

From: ps56k on

"desgnr" <desgnr(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> When i backed up today i get 2 files.
> 2010-03-01
>
> 2010-03-01.AM09.19
>
> Both say Backup file & have the same date.
> Can you explain the 2 different files & why i get 2
> --

I've always wondered about what Quicken calls a "backup"...
since it doesn't appear to really create a single zip-type image for
"restore",
but merely appears as just produce file copies....

main data filename. QEL, QDF, IDX

backup filename (1-5). QTX, QPH, QEL, QDF, IDX

manual backup filename (date). QEL, QDF, IDX

From: Hank Arnold on
On 3/2/2010 1:31 AM, ps56k wrote:
> "desgnr"<desgnr(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> When i backed up today i get 2 files.
>> 2010-03-01
>>
>> 2010-03-01.AM09.19
>>
>> Both say Backup file& have the same date.
>> Can you explain the 2 different files& why i get 2
>> --
>
> I've always wondered about what Quicken calls a "backup"...
> since it doesn't appear to really create a single zip-type image for
> "restore",
> but merely appears as just produce file copies....
>
> main data filename. QEL, QDF, IDX
>
> backup filename (1-5). QTX, QPH, QEL, QDF, IDX
>
> manual backup filename (date). QEL, QDF, IDX

That changed with Q10. They now create a single backup file. Not a ZIP
file, but a "QDF-Backup" file...

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold