From: Peter Johnson on
This is a problem I've had with Quicken for as long as I can
remember. The capitalization of often-used payees becomes more and
more random with use. For instance, I use this payee quite often:

ACME COMPANY

To use it, I type ac, and Quicken fills in the rest. However, over
time the capitalization has become increasingly random, so it is now

AcmE COMpany

or something similar, even though I always have Quicken fill it in. I
can do a search, sort it by date, and see the capitalization changing
over time. It's done this since I started using Quicken in the late
1980s.

So I've decided to do a search and replace to make it Acme Company.
However, when I attempt to replace, Quicken fills the replace box with
AcmE COMpany regardless of the captitalization that I actually key.

Is there a way to do the replace and force the capitalization I want?
I've even tried replacing it with a completely different name, exiting
Quicken, restarting it, and replacing the new name, but it still
forces the bad capitalization.

Thanks!

Peter
From: Notan on
On 2/28/2010 12:52 PM, Peter Johnson wrote:
> This is a problem I've had with Quicken for as long as I can
> remember. The capitalization of often-used payees becomes more and
> more random with use. For instance, I use this payee quite often:
>
> ACME COMPANY
>
> To use it, I type ac, and Quicken fills in the rest. However, over
> time the capitalization has become increasingly random, so it is now
>
> AcmE COMpany
>
> or something similar, even though I always have Quicken fill it in. I
> can do a search, sort it by date, and see the capitalization changing
> over time. It's done this since I started using Quicken in the late
> 1980s.
>
> So I've decided to do a search and replace to make it Acme Company.
> However, when I attempt to replace, Quicken fills the replace box with
> AcmE COMpany regardless of the captitalization that I actually key.
>
> Is there a way to do the replace and force the capitalization I want?
> I've even tried replacing it with a completely different name, exiting
> Quicken, restarting it, and replacing the new name, but it still
> forces the bad capitalization.

Try deleting the payee from the Memorized Payee List.

From: Peter Johnson on
On Feb 28, 2:59 pm, Notan <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote:
> On 2/28/2010 12:52 PM, Peter Johnson wrote:
>

> > This is a problem I've had with Quicken for as long as I can
> > remember.  The capitalization of often-used payees becomes more and
> > more random with use.  For instance, I use this payee quite often:
>
> > ACME COMPANY
>
> > To use it, I type ac, and Quicken fills in the rest.  However, over
> > time the capitalization has become increasingly random, so it is now
>
> > AcmE COMpany
>
> > or something similar, even though I always have Quicken fill it in.  I
> > can do a search, sort it by date, and see the capitalization changing
> > over time.  It's done this since I started using Quicken in the late
> > 1980s.
>
> > So I've decided to do a search and replace to make it Acme Company.
> > However, when I attempt to replace, Quicken fills the replace box with
> > AcmE COMpany regardless of the captitalization that I actually key.
>
> > Is there a way to do the replace and force the capitalization I want?
> > I've even tried replacing it with a completely different name, exiting
> > Quicken, restarting it, and replacing the new name, but it still
> > forces the bad capitalization.
>
> Try deleting the payee from the Memorized Payee List.

Thanks, but I have no memorized payees. I use the QuickFill option to
fill in the payee names. Turning off QuickFill allows me to search
and replace the existing transactions with the proper capitalization,
but when I turn QuickFill back on, I still see only the incorrect
versions of the payees.

Peter
From: Mel on
Peter - Your own example shows much of the problem:
if ACME is the desired and previously typed name
And you type ac
It will fill in acME and use that the next time.
A look at the drop down list will show you this if you have it activated.
I screw this up all the time but I know its me.
SG

"Peter Johnson" <peterogm(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 28, 2:59 pm, Notan <notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote:
> On 2/28/2010 12:52 PM, Peter Johnson wrote:
>

> > This is a problem I've had with Quicken for as long as I can
> > remember. The capitalization of often-used payees becomes more and
> > more random with use. For instance, I use this payee quite often:
>
> > ACME COMPANY
>
> > To use it, I type ac, and Quicken fills in the rest. However, over
> > time the capitalization has become increasingly random, so it is now
>
> > AcmE COMpany
>
> > or something similar, even though I always have Quicken fill it in. I
> > can do a search, sort it by date, and see the capitalization changing
> > over time. It's done this since I started using Quicken in the late
> > 1980s.
>
> > So I've decided to do a search and replace to make it Acme Company.
> > However, when I attempt to replace, Quicken fills the replace box with
> > AcmE COMpany regardless of the captitalization that I actually key.
>
> > Is there a way to do the replace and force the capitalization I want?
> > I've even tried replacing it with a completely different name, exiting
> > Quicken, restarting it, and replacing the new name, but it still
> > forces the bad capitalization.
>
> Try deleting the payee from the Memorized Payee List.

Thanks, but I have no memorized payees. I use the QuickFill option to
fill in the payee names. Turning off QuickFill allows me to search
and replace the existing transactions with the proper capitalization,
but when I turn QuickFill back on, I still see only the incorrect
versions of the payees.

Peter

Pages: 1
Prev: Cannot Setup Downloads