From: Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com on
How would I backup or copy the Outlook auto-complete list so I can move it to
another pc?

From: LD5SZRA on

You need to copy the contents of this folder:

<C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook>

In particular the file outlook.NK2 is very important. Also, make
sure you put it in the same path as above if you are using Windows
XP professional. In vista, I believe you have the folder USERS
instead of Documents and Settings but you need to find this and
sort this out.

USERNAME is your username so change the obvious to obvious. This
particular folder is hidden so again you need to find out how to
unhide it .

The above instructions apply to outlook 2007.

hth

"Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> How would I backup or copy the Outlook auto-complete list so I can move it to
> another pc?

THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
From: Russ Valentine on
In addition, you must rename the NK2 file to match that of your current
Outlook profile.
--
Russ Valentine