From: Jack Mc Kenna on
Repairing a Windows XP Home PC starting from a Blue Screen at boot ( IRQ
less than but equal) error, I went to safe mode and installed Avast AV.
Found 32 various virus infactions and fixed all. Boot to normal and after
welcome screen long stall until a screen with a childs drawing of a gremlin
appears with a caption "Bad day at the Fort!!!!" appearing under picture.
After another long period windows boots. Now thw PC locks up with HD
running constantly, or if working one cannot run any spyware program.
Anyone familier with this, or any help would be appreciated.

From: Peter Foldes on

--
Peter

From: Peter Foldes on
Jack

The best thing that you can do at his time is to do a clean reformat of your system.
Too many things from a BSOD to 32 various viruses to this funny screen that you now
have. Save whatever you are able to and do a clean reformat.(A repair install or
doing a System Restore is not going to help)

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com>

| Jack

| The best thing that you can do at his time is to do a clean reformat of your system.
| Too many things from a BSOD to 32 various viruses to this funny screen that you now
| have. Save whatever you are able to and do a clean reformat.(A repair install or
| doing a System Restore is not going to help)

| --
| Peter

I'll bet you that in the statement "32 various viruses", NONE were actually viruses.

--
Dave

From: Jack Mc Kenna on

> From: "Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com>
>
> | Jack
>
> | The best thing that you can do at his time is to do a clean reformat of
> your system.
> | Too many things from a BSOD to 32 various viruses to this funny screen
> that you now
> | have. Save whatever you are able to and do a clean reformat.(A repair
> install or
> | doing a System Restore is not going to help)
>
> | --
> | Peter
>
> I'll bet you that in the statement "32 various viruses", NONE were
> actually viruses.
>

> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Most were found by Avast to be Tro-gen of various types.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Virus program removal
Next: AntiVirus Live infection