From: Rick on
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I
then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report.
The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is
working fine on screen, and on print preview.

Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could
*possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save
to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas?

From: Mike Painter on
Rick wrote:
> I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main
> form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back
> from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the
> data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview.
>
> Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could
> *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer
> (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas?

You seem to be using report and form interchangeably.
Subforms imply related tables but you only mention one.
If the information you wish to print is in a "local table" do you have a
report which is built on this table or a query relating this table to the
subform tables?

Reports don't use master child relations as forms do and this may be your
problem.

From: Rick on
No, the only related table is one I use to store form variables, which I
reload manually. Essentially, there are no bound controls. Like I said, it
does show up correctly in print preview, but somehow disappears when
printing it out.

From: Mike Painter on
You have a REPORT which is based on a SINGLE TABLE and that report shows
correctly in print preview but not when it prints?
Does this happen in all reports?
Does it happen in reports from other databases?

It sounds like some sort of corruption if that is the case.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 11 May 2010 21:24:49 -0700, "Mike Painter" <md.painter(a)sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>You have a REPORT which is based on a SINGLE TABLE and that report shows
>correctly in print preview but not when it prints?
>Does this happen in all reports?
>Does it happen in reports from other databases?
>
>It sounds like some sort of corruption if that is the case.

It could also be a problem with the printer driver. Does this happen if you
change printers? If you don't have another physical printer, try the MS Office
Document Image writer or another print-to-file option.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2