From: OD on
Hi

This has probably been asked a number of times but I couldn't find a
resolution for my issue. I have a form that calls a second form. Form 1
displays the client information (name, address, phone) in view only. The 2nd
form allows the client to change the information. The information updates
correctly to the database but I can't get the orginal form to show the
updated information without closing out and going back in. I know I need to
requery or do a find = but can't figure out which event this should go in.
There's no real code I can post as I don't know what or where to do this. Any
help is appreciated
Thanks
From: Douglas J. Steele on
How are you opening Form 2?

If you're opening it as a dialog form from Form 1, that means execution of
code in Form 1 halts until Form 2 is closed, so you can simply put the
requery as the next line of code.

If you're not opening it as a dialog form, try putting the Requery into the
GotFocus event of Form 1, or have Form 2 requery Form 1 as it's closing.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: RonaldoOneNil on
In the On Close event of your 2nd form put this code using your own form 1's
name.

Forms![Form 1 Name].Refresh

From: OD on
Thank you but that didn't work. This is what I've been up against for a while
for some reason. This should've worked but...

From: RonaldoOneNil on
Forms![Form 1 Name].Requery should work