From: OD on
Thanks Doug
But in my case here, this didn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
When I run a trace it calls the open form but if I have a breakpoint after
the openform on the refresh - it skips over all the calls in the 2nd form
after it opens which doesn't make sense

From: OD on
I agree - it should but it didn't. Not sure what's going on here right now.
been stuck on this for quite a while now

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Not sure I understand what you're saying.

From: OD on
Thanks Doug,

Yeah, it's confusing and I think I brought it on myself. Just can't figure
out how to dig myself out. I put a breakpoint in after the call to open the
next form and the program went to the next line in the current form and
didn't open the next form. The next form is an unbound which I do an update
query to modify the record but since I'm technically not closing or leaving
the prior form there's no "activate", "Focus" or anything like that. I'm
playing with closing the forms as I call the next one and then reopening but
this is giving me issues doing that too.
Like I said, probably brounght on by how I imagined doing this.

Thanks

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
It would help to see the code you are using. Please describe where the break
point is placed, and what happens (or doesn't) as you step through the code.