From: Mike on
Ok. I cannot figure this out. I have been searching for 2 hours and I know it
is a simple process.

I want to have 3 files called
banner.html
index.html
footer.html

The banner i can put in my banner.jpg and my menu and all that jaz.

in the index i can type in all my information.

and in the footer i can do the name as by banner.html page.

What i am trying to do is make sure that my banner.html and my footer.html
are on every page so that for me to make a change to a banner or to a footer
then all i have to do is update either of those two files and they update
all of my pages.

How do i set it up and make it all come together on my index.html page.

i am using frontpage 2003. Thank you so much for your help.

I do not want to use frames because of the SEO problems.

From: Tom Willett on
That sounds like the included page in web component.

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"Mike" <Mike(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Ok. I cannot figure this out. I have been searching for 2 hours and I know
it
: is a simple process.
:
: I want to have 3 files called
: banner.html
: index.html
: footer.html
:
:

From: Mike on
I just figured that out but I have done that on this page.
http://www.waggletravel.com but the header and the footer do not show up. Any
suggestions?

From: Mike on
It looks fine when i click on preview but when I click on the page on the
website it does not.

From: Ronx on
All three pages have one thing in common - they are missing the <body> tag.
is missing, there is nothing to include.
Also note that none of the styling and/or javascript in the <head> of the
included pages will be included in the main pages. (I did not check if you
have already done this.)
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

> I just figured that out but I have done that on this page.
> http://www.waggletravel.com but the header and the footer do not show up.
> Any
> suggestions?
>

> "Tom Willett" wrote:
>
>> That sounds like the included page in web component.
>>
>> --
>> Tom [Pepper] Willett
>> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
>> ---------------------------
>> "Mike" <Mike(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> : Ok. I cannot figure this out. I have been searching for 2 hours and I
>> know
>> it
>> : is a simple process.
>> :
>> : I want to have 3 files called
>> : banner.html
>> : index.html
>> : footer.html
>> :
>> :
>> : The banner i can put in my banner.jpg and my menu and all that jaz.
>> :
>> : in the index i can type in all my information.
>> :
>> : and in the footer i can do the name as by banner.html page.
>> :
>> :
>> : What i am trying to do is make sure that my banner.html and my
>> footer.html
>> : are on every page so that for me to make a change to a banner or to a
>> footer
>> : then all i have to do is update either of those two files and they
>> update
>> : all of my pages.
>> :
>> : How do i set it up and make it all come together on my index.html page.
>> :
>> : i am using frontpage 2003. Thank you so much for your help.
>> :
>> : I do not want to use frames because of the SEO problems.
>> :
>> :
>> :
>> :