From: Billy on
Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a UPC
barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a web
site that provides this data in a captureable format such as XML or
such.

I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database to
store it as a members list oif items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
From: Bob Barrows on
Billy wrote:
> Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a UPC
> barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a web
> site that provides this data in a captureable format such as XML or
> such.
>
> I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
> URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
> that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database to
> store it as a members list oif items.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't understand your problem. The string containing the UPC is in the
querystring, right? So read it from the querystring and do whatever you want
with it. The source of the string (bar code scanner, keyboard entry, etc.)
is irrelevant.

From: Billy on
On Sep 18, 3:50 pm, "Bob Barrows" <reb01...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Billy wrote:
> > Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a UPC
> > barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a web
> > site that provides this data in a captureable format such as XML or
> > such.
>
> > I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
> > URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
> > that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database to
> > store it as a members list oif items.
>
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> I don't understand your problem. The string containing the UPC is in the
> querystring, right? So read it from the querystring and do whatever you want
> with it. The source of the string (bar code scanner, keyboard entry, etc.)
> is irrelevant.

Im sorry, what I didnt say was that im looking for the match of the
UPC string to the product name and description which is not native to
the source im using to scan it. The matching data I need to gather
from another web site where the data is hopefully retreivable.
From: Bob Barrows on
Billy wrote:
> On Sep 18, 3:50 pm, "Bob Barrows" <reb01...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Billy wrote:
>>> Can anyone help direct me to a way to capture website data from a
>>> UPC barcode website into my ASP page. I'm having trouble finding a
>>> web site that provides this data in a captureable format such as
>>> XML or such.
>>
>>> I have a barcode scanner thatcaptures the UPC and submits it in the
>>> URL to any website. Next I want to match that UPC string with a site
>>> that will return data back to my ASP page or write it to a database
>>> to store it as a members list oif items.
>>
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> I don't understand your problem. The string containing the UPC is in
>> the querystring, right? So read it from the querystring and do
>> whatever you want with it. The source of the string (bar code
>> scanner, keyboard entry, etc.) is irrelevant.
>
> Im sorry, what I didnt say was that im looking for the match of the
> UPC string to the product name and description which is not native to
> the source im using to scan it. The matching data I need to gather
> from another web site where the data is hopefully retreivable.

I still don't understand how we can help. I would think your first step
would be to contact the people running that website and ask them how to
retrieve this information.