From: Harry on

In my work place I have an HP Proliant 380 G4 server
with a 300GB hard drive using HP Smart Array 6i controller.

Trying to boot up the system in Bart-PE but the later cannot
see the hard drive because it does not have the 6i driver.

Since this server does not have a floopy disk, there is no
way to boot up Bart-PE, pressing F6, and have the user to insert
a floppy with the 6i driver.

How can I let Bart-PE to recognize the Smart Array 6i controller
driver?

TIA

From: Rod Speed on
Harry <harryooopotter(a)hotmail.co_> wrote:
> In my work place I have an HP Proliant 380 G4 server
> with a 300GB hard drive using HP Smart Array 6i controller.
>
> Trying to boot up the system in Bart-PE but the later cannot
> see the hard drive because it does not have the 6i driver.
>
> Since this server does not have a floopy disk, there is no
> way to boot up Bart-PE, pressing F6, and have the user to insert
> a floppy with the 6i driver.
>
> How can I let Bart-PE to recognize the Smart Array 6i controller
> driver?

You can build Bart-PE with the driver included.

From: Peter on

> In my work place I have an HP Proliant 380 G4 server
> with a 300GB hard drive using HP Smart Array 6i controller.
>
> Trying to boot up the system in Bart-PE but the later cannot
> see the hard drive because it does not have the 6i driver.
>
> Since this server does not have a floopy disk, there is no
> way to boot up Bart-PE, pressing F6, and have the user to insert
> a floppy with the 6i driver.
>
> How can I let Bart-PE to recognize the Smart Array 6i controller
> driver?

Or use latest UBCD4WIN instead. Drivers are listed there:
http://www.ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1374

From: Harry on
Rod Speed wrote...

>Harry <harryooopotter(a)hotmail.co_> wrote:
>> In my work place I have an HP Proliant 380 G4 server
>> with a 300GB hard drive using HP Smart Array 6i controller.
>>
>> Trying to boot up the system in Bart-PE but the later cannot
>> see the hard drive because it does not have the 6i driver.
>>
>> Since this server does not have a floopy disk, there is no
>> way to boot up Bart-PE, pressing F6, and have the user to insert
>> a floppy with the 6i driver.
>>
>> How can I let Bart-PE to recognize the Smart Array 6i controller
>> driver?
>
>You can build Bart-PE with the driver included.

how?

I googled "how to add device drivers to BartPE" and I got this.

// utlnApr 28 2004, 10:17 AM
// To add additional network drivers to a PE disc, you'll need to
// copy the driver files into the correct directories.

// CAT files are not needed. You can delete them.
// INF files go into the %WINDIR%\inf directory.
// SYS files go into the %WINDIR%\system32\drivers directory.
// All other files go into the %WINDIR%\system32 directory.

All I have is an .dll and an .sys file.
Don't know how to generate an .inf from these.
Don't know how to let PEBuild to include these files to the
correct locations.

Someone must have done this before.
Any URL for step-by-step instructions?

From: Rod Speed on

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/help/drivers.htm

> I googled "how to add device drivers to BartPE"

It would have been better to read the main BartPE
page, it has a link to the adding drivers page.

> and I got this.

> // utlnApr 28 2004, 10:17 AM
> // To add additional network drivers to a PE disc, you'll need to
> // copy the driver files into the correct directories.

> // CAT files are not needed. You can delete them.
> // INF files go into the %WINDIR%\inf directory.
> // SYS files go into the %WINDIR%\system32\drivers directory.
> // All other files go into the %WINDIR%\system32 directory.

That's not how Bart says to do it.

> All I have is an .dll and an .sys file.

You sure ? It should have the .oem and .inf files too.
Have a look on

> Don't know how to generate an .inf from these.

It isnt that hard to write one, just have a look at what is in
the HP site, it should be there somewhere, tho it can be a
bit counter intuitive to search.

It isnt that hard to write them, have a look at the drivers for
somewhere else, they're really just a list of the devices and drivers.

> Don't know how to let PEBuild to include
> these files to the correct locations.

> Someone must have done this before.

Yep, plenty have and Bart provides the instructions.

> Any URL for step-by-step instructions?

See above.