From: Peter Ceresole on
I'd like to make a few icons. Solid, simple ones. Lo-rez, not
fancy-schmancy OS10 ones. Deffo not photo quality, more like the emblems
on mediaeval battle flags. Like I used to make in Resedit and am still
using now. What would be favourite for that?
--
Peter
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:04:09 +0100, peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter
Ceresole) wrote:

>I'd like to make a few icons. Solid, simple ones. Lo-rez, not
>fancy-schmancy OS10 ones. Deffo not photo quality, more like the emblems
>on mediaeval battle flags. Like I used to make in Resedit and am still
>using now. What would be favourite for that?

I use Iconographer, for it is decent and now free. I'm sure it'll be
no hardship that it maxes out at 128x128 icons.

http://www.mscape.com/

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"I do not like the feel of the middle way; and I do not like the smell of
the left hand way" -- J R R Tolkien
From: Jack Campin - bogus address on
> I'd like to make a few icons. Solid, simple ones. Lo-rez, not
> fancy-schmancy OS10 ones. Deffo not photo quality, more like
> the emblems on mediaeval battle flags. Like I used to make in
> Resedit and am still using now. What would be favourite for that?

I used AppleWorks 6 for the icon I use as my favicon and (in larger
sizes) for web forums. It does look a bit like a mediaeval battle
flag (in fact it's the green plastic recorder I play in trad music
sessions).

mobile: 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Pages: 1
Prev: iMac: Reverting to old mouse