From: Peter Ceresole on
Okay. I've used the Magic Mouse that came with this iMac for more than
two weeks. It's quite good, but in the end I decided that I hate it.
Even with MagicPrefs.

So I downloaded the Logitech Control Centre, pulled out the old Scroll
Mouse I was using before and ordered an M500 corded mouse. The *only*
thing I didn't like about the corded mouse I already had was that it had
a ball, and the rollers would clag up after a time, making it imprecise.
But what I did like about it, a lot, was that it was it had a cord, no
batteries to run out, and the buttons and scroll wheel were physical
things, precise and definite. The Magic Mouse drove me nuts with its
touch sensitivity- even if it was 'free'.

Forget it. I've paid for something I'm really going to like. And I'm
using the old mouse with the Logitech Control Centre, which simply
allows me to program the right button to double click. I know I could do
that with the Magic Mouse and MagicPrefs, but it was so flaky, because
touch control is so flaky.

So back to the '90s. I'm happy now. If I'd stayed with the ball mouse,
I'd have saved some money but who bloody cares..?
--
Peter
From: John Hill on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Okay. I've used the Magic Mouse that came with this iMac for more than
> two weeks. It's quite good, but in the end I decided that I hate it.
> Even with MagicPrefs.
>
> So I downloaded the Logitech Control Centre, pulled out the old Scroll
> Mouse I was using before and ordered an M500 corded mouse. The *only*
> thing I didn't like about the corded mouse I already had was that it had
> a ball, and the rollers would clag up after a time, making it imprecise.
> But what I did like about it, a lot, was that it was it had a cord, no
> batteries to run out, and the buttons and scroll wheel were physical
> things, precise and definite. The Magic Mouse drove me nuts with its
> touch sensitivity- even if it was 'free'.
>
> Forget it. I've paid for something I'm really going to like. And I'm
> using the old mouse with the Logitech Control Centre, which simply
> allows me to program the right button to double click. I know I could do
> that with the Magic Mouse and MagicPrefs, but it was so flaky, because
> touch control is so flaky.
>
> So back to the '90s. I'm happy now. If I'd stayed with the ball mouse,
> I'd have saved some money but who bloody cares..?

Can I have your Magic Mouse? :-)
John.

--
Please reply to john at yclept dot wanadoo dot co dot uk.
From: Peter Ceresole on
John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid> wrote:

> Can I have your Magic Mouse? :-)

Yes, if you can make use of it.
--
Peter
From: Woody on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Okay. I've used the Magic Mouse that came with this iMac for more than
> two weeks. It's quite good, but in the end I decided that I hate it.
> Even with MagicPrefs.
>
> So I downloaded the Logitech Control Centre, pulled out the old Scroll
> Mouse I was using before and ordered an M500 corded mouse. The *only*
> thing I didn't like about the corded mouse I already had was that it
> had
> a ball, and the rollers would clag up after a time, making it
> imprecise.
> But what I did like about it, a lot, was that it was it had a cord, no
> batteries to run out, and the buttons and scroll wheel were physical
> things, precise and definite. The Magic Mouse drove me nuts with its
> touch sensitivity- even if it was 'free'.
>
> Forget it. I've paid for something I'm really going to like. And I'm
> using the old mouse with the Logitech Control Centre, which simply
> allows me to program the right button to double click. I know I could
> do
> that with the Magic Mouse and MagicPrefs, but it was so flaky, because
> touch control is so flaky.
>
> So back to the '90s. I'm happy now. If I'd stayed with the ball mouse,
> I'd have saved some money but who bloody cares..?

I think these are very personal things, more so than the computer
itself. My mice tend to outlive the use of the computer.

To my mind, apple have never made a good mouse, and they are getting
worse.

I like wireless, but like you, I need real buttons that go click, as I
rest my fingers on them and press, I don't hover my fingers above them
and press. As a result the right mouse button never worked on an apple
mouse but I am not relearning my mousing to work with it.

I currently have a logitech mx something, wireless laser mouse with
scroll both ways. It is the best mouse I have had.

--
Woody
From: Woody on
John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid>:

If your address is supposed to be nowhere spelled backwards, you failed.

If it is supposed to be nohwere backwards, then as you were!

--
Woody
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9