From: Andy Hewitt on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:
[..]
> > So back to the '90s. I'm happy now. If I'd stayed with the ball mouse,
> > I'd have saved some money but who bloody cares..?
>
> I think these are very personal things, more so than the computer
> itself. My mice tend to outlive the use of the computer.
>
> To my mind, apple have never made a good mouse, and they are getting
> worse.
>
> I like wireless, but like you, I need real buttons that go click, as I
> rest my fingers on them and press, I don't hover my fingers above them
> and press. As a result the right mouse button never worked on an apple
> mouse but I am not relearning my mousing to work with it.

I hate that too. Even the touch-click thingy on the trackpads really
annoys me, and is the first thing I turn off when I use a computer with
the feature enabled.

> I currently have a logitech mx something, wireless laser mouse with
> scroll both ways. It is the best mouse I have had.

I have an old Logitech V270 BT mouse, but it was still too small for my
hands, and I still prefer a proper full size keyboard, so have wired
mouse and keyboard now.

FWIW, I really like the MightyMouse I got. Yes, the ball does get sticky
from time to time, but it's an easy job to clean with some alchohol
cleaner and a lint free cloth (I use lens tissue).

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Peter Ceresole on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> To my mind, apple have never made a good mouse, and they are getting
> worse.

I'm not sure that they have never made a good one. The earlier oval
single button one was pretty good, but I do like a right click too...

But touch sensitivity, in an interface design, is for me definitely a
step too far. Positivity, that's the key thing. And what I never got
with the Magic Mouse. It kept on doing odd things, because I could never
be sure that I wasn't, in the heat of the moment, touching *something*.
--
Peter
From: Peter Ceresole on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I could never
> be sure that I wasn't, in the heat of the moment, touching *something*.

Oh hell.

Fnarr, then...
--
Peter
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On 20 Jul 2010 15:37:12 GMT, Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

>John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid>:
>
>If your address is supposed to be nowhere spelled backwards, you failed.
>
>If it is supposed to be nohwere backwards, then as you were!

It's a literary reference, innit.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Now I lay me down to sleep
Try to count electric sheep
From: Woody on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2010 15:37:12 GMT, Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid>:
> >
> >If your address is supposed to be nowhere spelled backwards, you failed.
> >
> >If it is supposed to be nohwere backwards, then as you were!
>
> It's a literary reference, innit.

Ahh, I don't get that then!

--
Woody