From: Jim on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> > The Mac Plus mouse used a nine pin 'D' connector. Good mouse though, I
> > agree. Very solid.
>
> That's why I said `ADB 1' - being the Mk 2 Mac mouse; or the original -
> being the `not ADB' version.

Gotcha.

> btw, it's a type D subminature connector, not a D connector. Commonly
> called a D-sub. D connectors are - wait for it - bigger.

Right-o. Centronics 25 pin jobbies? (the computer end, not the printer
end)

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:27:09 +0100, peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter
Ceresole) wrote:

>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> Are you suggesting that you used your palm on the trackball?
>
>Heavens no.

I was envisioning the Missile Command arcade cabinet!

>But fingertip manipulation of a mouse works better for me; quicker, more
>definite, more accurate.

Yup. It does leave my lower right arm a touch balder than it would be
otherwise, from the way I rest my arm on the desk as support - my
wrist doesn't touch the surface.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when was the
From: Peter Ceresole on
Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> So where do you put your chin?

Above the top of my neck. Seems to fit okay.
--
Peter
From: Sara Merriman on
In article <1jlzp2p.5jasin903rkdN%peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk>,
peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter Ceresole) wrote:

> Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > So where do you put your chin?
>
> Above the top of my neck. Seems to fit okay.

Sounds odd to me.

--
Sara

Cuddler of rats, cats and husband
From: Sara Merriman on
In article <ftae469cku0rb99c7fntlpu7c0bh5goe5i(a)4ax.com>,
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

[...crusty stuff]

> Good old Vaseline Intensive Care (not the jelly stuff) here.

Currently on Scholl Deep Moisturising Cream. It's good enough to stop me
peeling dry, crumbly bits of skin off. Which has to be a good thing.

--
Sara

Cuddler of rats, cats and husband
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last