From: John Hill on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Can I have your Magic Mouse? :-)
>
> Yes, if you can make use of it.

I certainly can! My mighty Mouse has had its rollerball cleaned too
often...

I sent you an e-mail yesterday - did you receive it? Your e-mail address
seems OK...

John.

--
Please reply to john at yclept dot wanadoo dot co dot uk.
From: Peter Ceresole on
John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid> wrote:

> I sent you an e-mail yesterday - did you receive it? Your e-mail address
> seems OK...

Yes. Real Life intervened. that's all.
--
Peter
From: Peter Ceresole on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > I sent you an e-mail yesterday - did you receive it? Your e-mail address
> > seems OK...
>
> Yes. Real Life intervened. that's all.

Sorry- that wasn't clear.

I'll reply soon.
--
Peter
From: James Dore on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:34:18 +0100, Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
>
>> > The Mac Plus mouse used a nine pin 'D' connector. Good mouse though, I
>> > agree. Very solid.
>>
>> That's why I said `ADB 1' - being the Mk 2 Mac mouse; or the original -
>> being the `not ADB' version.
>
> Gotcha.
>
>> btw, it's a type D subminature connector, not a D connector. Commonly
>> called a D-sub. D connectors are - wait for it - bigger.
>
> Right-o. Centronics 25 pin jobbies? (the computer end, not the printer
> end)

I think the Centronics 25-pin is one of the D-sub connector types, in that
Centronics developed the Parallel interface, part of which was the use of
the D-Sub 36 pin connector for the computer end of the physical
connection, which was reduced to 25-pins by IBM in their new PC range -
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centronics#The_interface>

D-sub is a broad class which also includes connectors userd for 9-pin and
25-pin serial, 15-pin Apple Video, and 15-pin (three row) VGA connectors,
Sun 13W3 video, etc etc.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_connector>

Cheers,
--
James Dore
New College IT Officer
From: Jim on
James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> >> btw, it's a type D subminature connector, not a D connector. Commonly
> >> called a D-sub. D connectors are - wait for it - bigger.
> >
> > Right-o. Centronics 25 pin jobbies? (the computer end, not the printer
> > end)
>
> I think the Centronics 25-pin is one of the D-sub connector types, in that
> Centronics developed the Parallel interface, part of which was the use of
> the D-Sub 36 pin connector for the computer end of the physical
> connection, which was reduced to 25-pins by IBM in their new PC range -
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centronics#The_interface>
>
> D-sub is a broad class which also includes connectors userd for 9-pin and
> 25-pin serial, 15-pin Apple Video, and 15-pin (three row) VGA connectors,
> Sun 13W3 video, etc etc.
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_connector>

Noted for later reading. Thanks.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious