From: Schoenfeld on

Tom Roberts wrote:
> Sergey Karavashkin wrote:
> > Tom Roberts пиÑ?ал(а):
> >> Since you seem oblivious, I'll point it out: that is not at all a
> >> postulate of SR. <shrug>
> >
> > It was Einstein himself who has
> > introduced the term "L-postulate".
>
> I repeat: anyone who can READ would avoid your error. Just go back and
> actually READ Einstein's 1905 paper. He does not use what you claim is a
> postulate, he formulates his postulate in a significantly different way.
> <shrug>

Yes he does.

From: Sorcerer on

"Schoenfeld" <schoenfeld1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

Tom Roberts wrote:
> Sergey Karavashkin wrote:
> > Tom Roberts ?????(?):
> >> Since you seem oblivious, I'll point it out: that is not at all a
> >> postulate of SR. <shrug>
> >
> > It was Einstein himself who has
> > introduced the term "L-postulate".
>
> I repeat: anyone who can READ would avoid your error. Just go back and
> actually READ Einstein's 1905 paper. He does not use what you claim is a
> postulate, he formulates his postulate in a significantly different way.
> <shrug>

Yes he does.

Roberts has totally lost it forever. He may as well go home.

"Tom Roberts" <tjroberts137(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

| This is PHYSICS, not math or logic, and "proof" is completely irrelevant.

Tom Roberts.

There is zero point in debating anything with Roberts <shrug>
Androcles.

From: Sergey Karavashkin on

Tom Roberts пиÑ?ал(а):

> Sergey Karavashkin wrote:
> > Tom Roberts пиÑ?ал(а):
> >> Since you seem oblivious, I'll point it out: that is not at all a
> >> postulate of SR. <shrug>
> >
> > It was Einstein himself who has
> > introduced the term "L-postulate".
>
> I repeat: anyone who can READ would avoid your error. Just go back and
> actually READ Einstein's 1905 paper. He does not use what you claim is a
> postulate, he formulates his postulate in a significantly different way.
> <shrug>
>

> Tom Roberts

Specific, Tom, please be specific. Would you like to start an argument
about the concept â??postulateâ??? I can point at once: â??Postulate is
the judgement taken without proof as an initial statement of some
theoryâ?? [Encyclopaedia]. So I would ask for citations. The
Einsteinâ??s paper of 1905, as well as others, I have on my worktable.
Let us check them. :)

Sergey

From: Sergey Karavashkin on

Peter Kinane пиÑ?ал(а):

> pk: "[] causing him to count as one event, in his "rocket science"
> navigation model, []":
> In AE's system, he talks about seeing an event from the train and also from
> the platform, so, 'it' involves for him, two "frames".
>
> "[]I do not subscribe to Einstein's idea of "one event".
>
> So, Einstein's concept of an event does not feature in my system. []".
>
> And, as I said before, "I have only one frame of reference: FoR-r."
>
> --
> Peter Kinane
> http://www.effectuationism.com

Dear Peter, you need not explain me what says Einstein. Kindly explain
me your phrase 'effect through a force in relationship with'.

Sergey

From: Harry on

> Sergey Karavashkin wrote:
> > We will study the basic postulates of special theory of relativity: the
> > postulate of constant speed of light in all reference frames [...]

> > Tom Roberts ?????(?):
> >> Since you seem oblivious, I'll point it out: that is not at all a
> >> postulate of SR. <shrug>
> >
> > It was Einstein himself who has
> > introduced the term "L-postulate".
>
> I repeat: anyone who can READ would avoid your error. Just go back and
> actually READ Einstein's 1905 paper. He does not use what you claim is a
> postulate, he formulates his postulate in a significantly different way.
> <shrug>
>
> Tom Roberts

Although I tend to agree with you on this point, a number of physicists
happen to disagree and read it roughly the way Sergey reads it. It's
ambiguous for sure.

Harald

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8