From: kolt on
Around the proton and the electron is a force. Can we not suppose that
there is an outward and an inward curvature to account for the positive
and negative electric forces? However, the opposing curvatures within
the atom would cancel each other out resulting in a net curvature of
zero. Such a view totally disregards the roll the electric forces may
have in the force of gravity since positive plus an equal amount of
negative is zero. What I mean is that I think Positive plus negative
might equal gravity.

From: Tom Roberts on
kolt wrote:
> Around the proton and the electron is a force. Can we not suppose that
> there is an outward and an inward curvature to account for the positive
> and negative electric forces?

Attempts have been made to describe electromagnetic forces in
geometrical terms. The results are either not satisfactory or are
considerably more complicated (involving a fiber bundle).

> However, the opposing curvatures within
> the atom would cancel each other out resulting in a net curvature of
> zero.

In the gauge theory of electrodynamics, in which the EM field is modeled
as a fiber bundle over spacetime, the curvature of the bundle is the
Lagrangian of the theory; the bundle connection becomes the EM force,
etc. There is no "cancellation" as you suppose. Note that having
"separate curvatures" as you suggest is inconsistent with a geometrical
description, as curvature is a property of the manifold, not particles.

> What I mean is that I think Positive plus negative
> might equal gravity.

Electrodynamics is so very much different from gravitation that nobody
has ever presented a realistic theory in which gravity is a "remnant" of EM.

Tom Roberts tjroberts(a)lucent.com
From: Sue... on

Tom Roberts wrote:
> kolt wrote:
> > Around the proton and the electron is a force. Can we not suppose that
> > there is an outward and an inward curvature to account for the positive
> > and negative electric forces?
>
> Attempts have been made to describe electromagnetic forces in
> geometrical terms. The results are either not satisfactory or are
> considerably more complicated (involving a fiber bundle).
>

> > However, the opposing curvatures within
> > the atom would cancel each other out resulting in a net curvature of
> > zero.
>
> In the gauge theory of electrodynamics, in which the EM field is modeled
> as a fiber bundle over spacetime, the curvature of the bundle is the
> Lagrangian of the theory; the bundle connection becomes the EM force,
> etc. There is no "cancellation" as you suppose. Note that having
> "separate curvatures" as you suggest is inconsistent with a geometrical
> description, as curvature is a property of the manifold, not particles.
>

> > What I mean is that I think Positive plus negative
> > might equal gravity.
>
> Electrodynamics is so very much different from gravitation that nobody
> has ever presented a realistic theory in which gravity is a "remnant" of EM.

Gee whiz. Do you think they might be getting close to figuring
out how the magnetic force works ?

<< A known method to deal with long-range forces is
that of Ewald sums. Briefly, and assuming we are
dealing with charged ions, one assumes that each ion is
surrounded by a spherically symmetric charge distribution
of opposite sign which neutralizes the ion. This distribution
is localized, that is, it is contained within a cutoff distance.
This effectively screens ion-ion interactions, which are then
treated with conventional short-range techniques.

To restore the original system, one then considers the
Coulomb interaction of similar charge distributions
centered on the ions, but now with the same sign as the
original ions. These distributions exactly cancel those that
we have considered before, so that the total interactions
that we shall obtain will be those of the original system
made of point charges only. The interaction of the cancelling
distributions is computed in reciprocal space. The required
Fourier transforms are particularly simple when the (arbitrary)
shape of the distributions is chosen to be a gaussian. >>
http://www.ud.infn.it/~ercolessi/md/md/node52.html

<<Here are examples of other physical
problems that MD-GRAPE can accelerate :
Molecular Dynamics : it calculates any forces
specified by the user, but existing libraries handle
the Coulomb and van der Waals forces, and in
addition to all of the real-space operations involved
with the Ewald method.
Plasma Physics (charged particle interactions)
Self-gravitating systems, including cosmology, galaxies,
and planets
Hydrodynamics (using Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics
or the particle-vortex method)
And any other problem involving interparticle forces...>>
http://www.research.ibm.com/grape/index.html#why

Sue...

From: G=EMC^2 Glazier on
kolt I have a concave and convex curvature of space. My theory is used
for gravity attraction(concave) and universe repulsion(convex),in the
the macro realm. Have no idea how it would work in the micro
realm,because convex I added to Einstien's GR,and GR does not fit in the
micro universe Trebert

From: Ken S. Tucker on
Tom, your post has serious issues.
Please see Dover's "...Relativity" pg 156 , Eq,(66)
aka AE's GR1916 Eq.(66) and see how the
energy density is defined entirely by the EM
field tensor, where the "energy density"
determines the curvature and so on to the metrics.
That in my mind, compells a metric related to
the EM field tensor and permits the assumption
that "mass" itself is appropriately defined to have
an electromagnetic origin, eliminating the
necessity of adding an ambiguous generic quantity
"m" by hand into the metric.

I've personally solved that for the metric and it looks
quite reasonable.

BTW, EM was unknown when Newton formulated
his universal law of gravitation.
Regards
Ken S. Tucker

PS: oops almost forgot <SHrUg>.

Tom Roberts wrote:
> kolt wrote:
> > Around the proton and the electron is a force. Can we not suppose that
> > there is an outward and an inward curvature to account for the positive
> > and negative electric forces?
>
> Attempts have been made to describe electromagnetic forces in
> geometrical terms. The results are either not satisfactory or are
> considerably more complicated (involving a fiber bundle).
>

> > However, the opposing curvatures within
> > the atom would cancel each other out resulting in a net curvature of
> > zero.
>
> In the gauge theory of electrodynamics, in which the EM field is modeled
> as a fiber bundle over spacetime, the curvature of the bundle is the
> Lagrangian of the theory; the bundle connection becomes the EM force,
> etc. There is no "cancellation" as you suppose. Note that having
> "separate curvatures" as you suggest is inconsistent with a geometrical
> description, as curvature is a property of the manifold, not particles.
>

> > What I mean is that I think Positive plus negative
> > might equal gravity.
>
> Electrodynamics is so very much different from gravitation that nobody
> has ever presented a realistic theory in which gravity is a "remnant" of EM.
>

> Tom Roberts tjroberts(a)lucent.com

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: The Constant Speed of Light.