From: Len Gaasenbeek on
THE CONSTANT SPEED OF LIGHT.

If we look at the electromagnetic spectrum which shows the frequency of
electromagnetic waves (such as x-rays, visible light, micro-waves,
television waves, fm waves and long radio waves etc.) versus their
wavelength, we notice a direct relationship between the two.

If we multiply any given frequency with its corresponding wavelength, we get
the speed of light c, providing the electromagnetic wave travels through a
vacuum. That is to say, the speed at which all electromagnetic waves travel
through a vacuum is constant (c), and is the product of their frequency and
wavelength.

If we accept the fact that electromagnetic waves consists of photons that
follow a helical trajectory, it is easy to understand why this should be so.
Because the frequency of a helical photon wave is the number of times each
photon completes one helical spiral per second, during which time it travels
the same number of wavelengths.

It also explains the duality of light, since the photons don't need a medium
to travel through to form a wave, and are in fact slowed down if they are
made to travel through a medium other than a vacuum.

Why the product of the frequency and the wavelength of a magnetic wave is
constant over its spectrum is like asking why the ratio between the
circumference and the diameter of a circle is 3.14 (pi). We just know that
if you multiply the diameter of a circle by (pi), you will get the length of
its circumference.

Similarly, if you multiply the frequency of an electromagnetic wave by its
wavelength you will get the constant speed (c) at which all magnetic waves
travel through a vacuum. In other words like (pi), c is one of the
constants of physics.

A relativistic photon follows a helical path because it spins around its own
axis as it travels along. In addition, its spin axis precesses or wobbles
as it travels along in tune with its frequency. Since the speed of light is
constant at c, the sideways gyroscopic force generated and exerted by each
spinning photon on itself causes it to follow a helical path, because it
would have to travel faster than c to break away. That is to say, a photon
can't cross the light barrier.

As to the relationship between a spinning helical wave particle (other than
a photon) that travels at close to the speed of light (such as an electron
or proton) and its kinetic energy, see the first of my Selected Papers
titled: Helical Particle Waves, at: http://www2.rideau.net/gaasbeek

By: Len Gaasenbeek.
Feb. 17, 2006.

From: Sue... on

Len Gaasenbeek wrote:
> THE CONSTANT SPEED OF LIGHT.
>
> If we look at the electromagnetic spectrum which shows the frequency of
> electromagnetic waves (such as x-rays, visible light, micro-waves,
> television waves, fm waves and long radio waves etc.) versus their
> wavelength, we notice a direct relationship between the two.
>
> If we multiply any given frequency with its corresponding wavelength, we get
> the speed of light c, providing the electromagnetic wave travels through a
> vacuum. That is to say, the speed at which all electromagnetic waves travel
> through a vacuum is constant (c), and is the product of their frequency and
> wavelength.
>
> If we accept the fact that electromagnetic waves consists of photons that
> follow a helical trajectory, it is easy to understand why this should be so.
> Because the frequency of a helical photon wave is the number of times each
> photon completes one helical spiral per second, during which time it travels
> the same number of wavelengths.
>
> It also explains the duality of light, since the photons don't need a medium
> to travel through to form a wave, and are in fact slowed down if they are
> made to travel through a medium other than a vacuum.
>
> Why the product of the frequency and the wavelength of a magnetic wave is
> constant over its spectrum is like asking why the ratio between the
> circumference and the diameter of a circle is 3.14 (pi). We just know that
> if you multiply the diameter of a circle by (pi), you will get the length of
> its circumference.
>
> Similarly, if you multiply the frequency of an electromagnetic wave by its
> wavelength you will get the constant speed (c) at which all magnetic waves
> travel through a vacuum. In other words like (pi), c is one of the
> constants of physics.
>
> A relativistic photon follows a helical path because it spins around its own
> axis as it travels along. In addition, its spin axis precesses or wobbles
> as it travels along in tune with its frequency. Since the speed of light is
> constant at c, the sideways gyroscopic force generated and exerted by each
> spinning photon on itself causes it to follow a helical path, because it
> would have to travel faster than c to break away. That is to say, a photon
> can't cross the light barrier.
>
> As to the relationship between a spinning helical wave particle (other than
> a photon) that travels at close to the speed of light (such as an electron
> or proton) and its kinetic energy, see the first of my Selected Papers
> titled: Helical Particle Waves, at: http://www2.rideau.net/gaasbeek
>
> By: Len Gaasenbeek.
> Feb. 17, 2006.

Does your paper explain how that corkscrewing critter
illuminates all four of these:
http://www.eso.org/projects/vlti/images/vlti-array-smallsize.jpg
http://www.eso.org/projects/vlti/
....so it can add constructivly or destructivly after passing
the four delay lines ?

Sue...
http://web.mit.edu/8.02t/www/802TEAL3D/teal_tour.htm

From: Hexenmeister on

"Len Gaasenbeek" <gaasbeek(a)rideau.net> wrote in message
> THE CONSTANT SPEED OF LIGHT.
>
> If we look at the electromagnetic spectrum which shows the frequency of
> electromagnetic waves (such as x-rays, visible light, micro-waves,
> television waves, fm waves and long radio waves etc.) versus their
> wavelength, we notice a direct relationship between the two.
>
> If we multiply any given frequency with its corresponding wavelength, we
> get
> the speed of light c, providing the electromagnetic wave travels through a
> vacuum. That is to say, the speed at which all electromagnetic waves
> travel
> through a vacuum is constant (c), and is the product of their frequency
> and
> wavelength.

> If we accept the fact that electromagnetic waves consists of photons that
> follow a helical

Fact? What fact?

You saying it doesn't make it a fact.

You mean "If YOU accept MY theory that electromagnetic waves consists of
photons that
follow a helical... "
but you have no evidence for your theory and you are discredited by calling
it "fact".
There is no "we" about this, YOU are on your own.

Androcles.

From: Len Gaasenbeek on

> Does your paper explain how that corkscrewing critter
> illuminates all four of these:
> http://www.eso.org/projects/vlti/images/vlti-array-smallsize.jpg
> http://www.eso.org/projects/vlti/
> ...so it can add constructivly or destructivly after passing
> the four delay lines ?
>
> Sue...
> http://web.mit.edu/8.02t/www/802TEAL3D/teal_tour.htm
To Sue,

In essence what you are saying is, that the since the workable size of an
optical telescope is limited and consequently can only project the image of
an observed star on a screen of limited quality.

To improve the sharpness and detail of the projected image of a distant star
astronomers hit on the idea of using several telescopes and have each
telescope project the image of the observed star on the same spot on the
screen. The resulting improved image is comparable to what one telescope of
the same light gathering capacity as the 4 separate telescopes, would
produce.

The added complication is that the projected images of the four telescopes
have to reach the screen in phase with each other for them to add up
successfully. (Similar to the two split experiment) To this end the
distance traveled by the light from each telescope to the screen must be the
same for the images to arrive in phase. This way the images will add to,
rather than subtract from, each other.

This latest development has not come about as a result of a better
understanding exactly what a light beam consists off. It is simply a
practical solution to an old problem.

However the helical photon wave concept does provide for a better
understanding what happens when similar light beams are in or out of phase
with each other.

Enjoy, Len.

From: Len Gaasenbeek on