From: tedd on
At 4:13 PM -0400 4/14/10, Al wrote:
>Incidentally, about formatting scripts, one of the reasons I like
>phpEdit is that it has a terrific code beautifier. You can set it
>for phpDoc or Pear rendering. And, it auto indents, etc. as you
>enter stuff.
>
>Al...........

Unfortunately, there is no phpEdit version for the Mac.

Currently, I use GoLive (without all the WYSIWYG bloatware), but it
limitations are showing. I like Eclipse, but the learning curve is
high and has more features than I need.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Bastien Koert on
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM, tedd <tedd.sperling(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> At 4:13 PM -0400 4/14/10, Al wrote:
>>
>> Incidentally, about formatting scripts, one of the reasons I like phpEdit
>> is that it has a terrific code beautifier.  You can set it for phpDoc or
>> Pear rendering. And, it auto indents, etc. as you enter stuff.
>>
>> Al...........
>
> Unfortunately, there is no phpEdit version for the Mac.
>
> Currently, I use GoLive (without all the WYSIWYG bloatware), but it
> limitations are showing. I like Eclipse, but the learning curve is high and
> has more features than I need.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com

Sorry, should have copied the list

try netbeans http://netbeans.org/kb/articles/mac.html

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 08:55 -0400, tedd wrote:

> At 4:13 PM -0400 4/14/10, Al wrote:
> >Incidentally, about formatting scripts, one of the reasons I like
> >phpEdit is that it has a terrific code beautifier. You can set it
> >for phpDoc or Pear rendering. And, it auto indents, etc. as you
> >enter stuff.
> >
> >Al...........
>
> Unfortunately, there is no phpEdit version for the Mac.
>
> Currently, I use GoLive (without all the WYSIWYG bloatware), but it
> limitations are showing. I like Eclipse, but the learning curve is
> high and has more features than I need.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com

Have you tried Coder on the Mac? Most developers I know who use Macs
(it's not the oxymoron it sounds! :p ) tend to use Coder. It's pretty
good, and while I've not used it myself, I've seen enough to like it. In
a perfect world my editor would be somewhere between Coder and Kate (the
KDE Advanced Text Editor) with the best bits of both thrown in.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Jason Pruim on

On Apr 15, 2010, at 8:55 AM, tedd wrote:

> At 4:13 PM -0400 4/14/10, Al wrote:
>> Incidentally, about formatting scripts, one of the reasons I like
>> phpEdit is that it has a terrific code beautifier. You can set it
>> for phpDoc or Pear rendering. And, it auto indents, etc. as you
>> enter stuff.
>>
>> Al...........
>
> Unfortunately, there is no phpEdit version for the Mac.
>
> Currently, I use GoLive (without all the WYSIWYG bloatware), but it
> limitations are showing. I like Eclipse, but the learning curve is
> high and has more features than I need.

Hey tedd

I just recently started using netbeans and it looks like it may fit
the bill... it's simple enough to understand but can be extended if
you want to. It also runs better on my Mac then Eclipse ever did. Just
something that might be worth checking out :)

From: Jason Pruim on

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 08:55 -0400, tedd wrote:
>>

> Have you tried Coder on the Mac? Most developers I know who use Macs
> (it's not the oxymoron it sounds! :p )

Most Mac people would say the morons use Windows ;) But that's
another story for another list! :)