From: Adam Richardson on
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Jason Pruim <lists(a)pruimphotography.com>wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2010, at 8:55 AM, tedd wrote:
>
> At 4:13 PM -0400 4/14/10, Al wrote:
>>
>>> Incidentally, about formatting scripts, one of the reasons I like phpEdit
>>> is that it has a terrific code beautifier. You can set it for phpDoc or
>>> Pear rendering. And, it auto indents, etc. as you enter stuff.
>>>
>>> Al...........
>>>

>> Unfortunately, there is no phpEdit version for the Mac.
>>
>> Currently, I use GoLive (without all the WYSIWYG bloatware), but it
>> limitations are showing. I like Eclipse, but the learning curve is high and
>> has more features than I need.
>>

> Hey tedd
>
> I just recently started using netbeans and it looks like it may fit the
> bill... it's simple enough to understand but can be extended if you want to.
> It also runs better on my Mac then Eclipse ever did. Just something that
> might be worth checking out :)

+1 Netbeans

--
Nephtali: PHP web framework that functions beautifully
http://nephtaliproject.com
From: "Jan G.B." on
2010/4/16 Adam Richardson <simpleshot(a)gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Jason Pruim <lists(a)pruimphotography.com>wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, there is no phpEdit version for the Mac.
>>>
>>> Currently, I use GoLive (without all the WYSIWYG bloatware), but it
>>> limitations are showing. I like Eclipse, but the learning curve is high and
>>> has more features than I need.
>>>

>> Hey tedd
>>
>> I just recently started using netbeans and it looks like it may fit the
>> bill... it's simple enough to understand but can be extended if you want to.
>> It also runs better on my Mac then Eclipse ever did. Just something that
>> might be worth checking out :)
>>

> +1 Netbeans

+3 Netbeans
Because
+ it's able to manage huge projects and huge files,
+ has the best code completion and
+ I'm not missing any features but one. ;-)

It also runs great on linux. IMHO it beats the Zend IDE, Eclipse as
well as Komodo Edit /ide.

Regards
From: Robert Cummings on
Jan G.B. wrote:
> 2010/4/16 Adam Richardson <simpleshot(a)gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Jason Pruim <lists(a)pruimphotography.com>wrote:

>>> Hey tedd
>>>
>>> I just recently started using netbeans and it looks like it may fit the
>>> bill... it's simple enough to understand but can be extended if you want to.
>>> It also runs better on my Mac then Eclipse ever did. Just something that
>>> might be worth checking out :)
>>>

>> +1 Netbeans
>>
> +3 Netbeans
> Because
> + it's able to manage huge projects and huge files,
> + has the best code completion and
> + I'm not missing any features but one. ;-)
>
> It also runs great on linux. IMHO it beats the Zend IDE, Eclipse as
> well as Komodo Edit /ide.

+googol Joe

It runs in a terminal!

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com
From: tedd on
At 9:06 AM -0400 4/16/10, Robert Cummings wrote:

>It runs in a terminal!
>
>Cheers,
>Rob.

That's not good. Airport security frowns on that.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Jim Lucas on
tedd wrote:
> At 9:06 AM -0400 4/16/10, Robert Cummings wrote:
>>
>> It runs in a terminal!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob.
>
> That's not good. Airport security frowns on that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

Mac users might get a little upset if Airport security doesn't allow them to use
their terminals to run

--
Jim Lucas

"Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
by William Shakespeare