From: binupr on
Hi,

I am about to design a packetizer logic to interface to Xilinx's Aurora
Core. I will be using Virtex5 SX95. I have worked with Virtex2Pro MGTs
before, but this is my first time working on Aurora and the GTX interfaces.
And also this is my first time designing packetised/framed interfaces.

I was reading the aurora_8b10b_ug353.pdf. And in the user interace section,
there are two options, there is Framing and Streaming interface. Am I
correct in thinking that Framing interface will be best to connect to my
Packetizer interface?

Any other thoughts on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Binu

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com