From: John Layne on
Is there such a thing as a macro that will replace the sheet format and
template of a folder full of SolidWorks drawings?

John Layne
www.solidengineering.co.nz

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to news(a)netfront.net --

From: Engineer on
I have one macro that works for Sheet format but work on one drawing
at a time an the file should be open.

Deepak
From: bmyshoe on
On Sep 19, 10:06 pm, "John Layne" <JohnMINUS-THE-
S...(a)SolidEngineering.co.nz> wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a macro that will replace the sheet format and
> template of a folder full of SolidWorks drawings?
>
> John Laynewww.solidengineering.co.nz
>
> -- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to n...(a)netfront.net --

http://www.lennyworks.com

http://www.lennyworks.com/solidworks/SWXMacros/TemplateSwitch.zip

http://batchprocess.angelsix.com/

bm
From: brewertr on
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 04:40:04 -0700 (PDT), bmyshoe(a)gmail.com wrote:

>On Sep 19, 10:06�pm, "John Layne" <JohnMINUS-THE-
>S...(a)SolidEngineering.co.nz> wrote:
>> Is there such a thing as a macro that will replace the sheet format and
>> template of a folder full of SolidWorks drawings?
>>
>> John Laynewww.solidengineering.co.nz
>>
>> -- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to n...(a)netfront.net --
>
>http://www.lennyworks.com
>
>http://www.lennyworks.com/solidworks/SWXMacros/TemplateSwitch.zip
>
>http://batchprocess.angelsix.com/
>
>bm

http://swtools.cad.de/macros.htm
download "PAC4SWX" (free 30 day trial)
with "pac4swx_mac01.zip"

Overview (English) for PAC4SWX
http://swtools.cad.de/us_prog_pac.htm

Tom
From: John Layne on

<brewertr(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 04:40:04 -0700 (PDT), bmyshoe(a)gmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Sep 19, 10:06 pm, "John Layne" <JohnMINUS-THE-
>>S...(a)SolidEngineering.co.nz> wrote:
>>> Is there such a thing as a macro that will replace the sheet format and
>>> template of a folder full of SolidWorks drawings?
>>>
>>> John Laynewww.solidengineering.co.nz
>>>
>>> -- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to
>>> n...(a)netfront.net --
>>
>>http://www.lennyworks.com
>>
>>http://www.lennyworks.com/solidworks/SWXMacros/TemplateSwitch.zip
>>
>>http://batchprocess.angelsix.com/
>>
>>bm
>

> http://swtools.cad.de/macros.htm
> download "PAC4SWX" (free 30 day trial)
> with "pac4swx_mac01.zip"
>
> Overview (English) for PAC4SWX
> http://swtools.cad.de/us_prog_pac.htm
>
> Tom

My colleagues and I tried PAC4SWX (which I have used for other reasons for
several years) and the pac4swx_mac01 macro and couldn't get it to work.

We ended up using Batch Process from http://batchprocess.angelsix.com/ there
was some intial confusion over termainology of Sheet Format and Sheet
Template (as usual). BatchProcess from Angelsix refers to "Drawing
Templates" but replaces the .slddrt extension.