From: Deri Jones on
Hi Folks
I'm sure there is a simple answer, but I can't see it either in the SW
help or online.
Is it possible to show the "included" angle of a flange on the notes
shown in a flat view drawing, rather than the "bend" angle.
Alternatively, is it possible to add a bit of maths to the
"bendnoteformat.txt" file to tell it to display "180-<bendAngle>"

My subcontractors for forming use the internal angle to define the bend
on the machine and as we plasma etch the bend angles on the parts during
cutting, having them have to do the 180-shown angle calculation will
lead to a slow down in throughput and errors.

Any ideas or solutions greatfully received.
Thanks
Deri Jones
From: madcadman on
"Deri Jones" <derijones(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks
> I'm sure there is a simple answer, but I can't see it either in the SW
> help or online.
> Is it possible to show the "included" angle of a flange on the notes shown
> in a flat view drawing, rather than the "bend" angle.
> Alternatively, is it possible to add a bit of maths to the
> "bendnoteformat.txt" file to tell it to display "180-<bendAngle>"
>
> My subcontractors for forming use the internal angle to define the bend on
> the machine and as we plasma etch the bend angles on the parts during
> cutting, having them have to do the 180-shown angle calculation will lead
> to a slow down in throughput and errors.
>
> Any ideas or solutions greatfully received.
> Thanks
> Deri Jones

Yeah, here's a solution: get a contractor with a calculator!!! 180� -
angle....that's some advanced math. Hope that doesn't slow down production
too much.