From: Peter D. on
on Tuesday 16 October 2007 09:52
in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandrake
William Bagwell wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:23:54 +1000, "Peter D." > wrote:
>>snip
>>Over the last few decades there has been a deliberate multi stage
>>strategy to loosen tolerances from 220V and 240V towards 230V,
>>rename things 230V (with asymmetric tolerances), and finally
>>tighten the tolerances around 230V.
>
> Yeah. 230... 231, whatever it takes.
>
> :)
>
> Have waited *years* to use that quote.

O.K. Now who or what are you quoting? I don't recognise it.

--
sig goes here...
Peter D.
From: William Bagwell on
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:46:53 +1000, "Peter D." > wrote:

>on Tuesday 16 October 2007 09:52
>in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandrake
>William Bagwell wrote:

>> Yeah. 230... 231, whatever it takes.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Have waited *years* to use that quote.
>
>O.K. Now who or what are you quoting? I don't recognise it.

1983 movie called "Mr Mom". Original quote used 220... 221, I had to
change it slightly to make it work here.

Basically a stay at home house husband is embarrassed by his situation.
The scene (I think) followed him removing a wall with a chain saw and
stating to his macho friend / visitor that he was remodeling. Friend
asks "are you going to wire it 220?"

Was hard to find, I remember the strangest things!
--
William