From: James Silverton on
Hello All!

This is a typical description of a Logitech product:"The Logitech
Cordless Desktop Wave Pro Keyboard � all you have to do is connect it
via a USB port. Expect the battery life to last you approximately 3
years, so you can use the keyboard as much as you want without any
worries at all! "

I wish I could find a wireless keyboard and mouse whose batteries last
so long under realistic conditions by which I mean switched on 12 hours
a day, seven days a week.. Has anyone got any ideas? Mostly, I tend to
find "lasts up to a year", which is doubtless true since "up to a year"
could describe a few weeks.

I find it very difficult to get realistic information in computer
stores.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

From: SC Tom on

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> This is a typical description of a Logitech product:"The Logitech Cordless
> Desktop Wave Pro Keyboard � all you have to do is connect it via a USB
> port. Expect the battery life to last you approximately 3 years, so you
> can use the keyboard as much as you want without any worries at all! "
>
> I wish I could find a wireless keyboard and mouse whose batteries last so
> long under realistic conditions by which I mean switched on 12 hours a
> day, seven days a week.. Has anyone got any ideas? Mostly, I tend to find
> "lasts up to a year", which is doubtless true since "up to a year" could
> describe a few weeks.
>
> I find it very difficult to get realistic information in computer stores.
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

I have a MS Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 that the batteries last 6
months, almost to the day (I date the batteries when I install them). It's
turned on all the time (no on/off switch).
I have a Logitech V470 Bluetooth Cordless Laser Mouse for my notebook that I
bought in December and have yet to change the batteries. It has an on/off
switch, and is on 8-10 hours almost every day.
I've never owned a wireless keyboard, so I can't help you out with that.
--
SC Tom

From: Shenan Stanley on
James Silverton wrote:
> This is a typical description of a Logitech product:"The Logitech
> Cordless Desktop Wave Pro Keyboard � all you have to do is connect
> it via a USB port. Expect the battery life to last you
> approximately 3 years, so you can use the keyboard as much as you
> want without any worries at all! "
>
> I wish I could find a wireless keyboard and mouse whose batteries
> last so long under realistic conditions by which I mean switched on
> 12 hours a day, seven days a week.. Has anyone got any ideas?
> Mostly, I tend to find "lasts up to a year", which is doubtless
> true since "up to a year" could describe a few weeks.
>
> I find it very difficult to get realistic information in computer
> stores.

Truthfully - if you use it that much - get a wired keyboard or one with
rechargeable batteries and a stand to put it on at night/when not in use or
one that can be plugged into a USB charging cable and still be used while
charged (Logitech does some of their cordless mice that way.)

I rarely recommend cordless keyboards - because most of the time the
keyboard does not move from one place for days/weeks/months/years at a time.
Mice - I am not so rough on... but I try to get ones with rechargable
batteries and a stand or cable like I described above.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: James Silverton on
SC wrote on Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:12:45 -0400:

> "James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton(a)verizon.net> wrote in
> message news:i00c74$5f8$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>> Hello All!
>>
>> This is a typical description of a Logitech product:"The Logitech
>> Cordless Desktop Wave Pro Keyboard � all you have to do is
>> connect it via a USB port. Expect the battery life to last
>> you approximately 3 years, so you can use the keyboard as
>> much as you want without any worries at all! "
>>
>> I wish I could find a wireless keyboard and mouse whose
>> batteries last so long under realistic conditions by which I mean
>> switched on 12 hours a day, seven days a week.. Has
>> anyone got any ideas? Mostly, I tend to find "lasts up to a
>> year", which is doubtless true since "up to a year" could
>> describe a few weeks.
>>
>> I find it very difficult to get realistic information in
>> computer stores.

..
>I've never owned a wireless keyboard, so I can't help you out with
>that.

Logitech used to supply an "I-Touch" wireless keyboard using 4 AA
batteries that lasted six months or more under my conditions (12/7) but
they have discontinued it. The mouse had a recharging stand that also
acted as the wireless receptor for it and the keyboard but the mouse
NiCad died and I was unable to buy a replacement.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

From: ted on
I have a Logitech cordless iTouch keyboard using two AA batteries. I don't
know how long they last but it seems like forever or almost shelf life.
YMMV

Ted

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello All!
>
> This is a typical description of a Logitech product:"The Logitech Cordless
> Desktop Wave Pro Keyboard � all you have to do is connect it via a USB
> port. Expect the battery life to last you approximately 3 years, so you
> can use the keyboard as much as you want without any worries at all! "
>
> I wish I could find a wireless keyboard and mouse whose batteries last so
> long under realistic conditions by which I mean switched on 12 hours a
> day, seven days a week.. Has anyone got any ideas? Mostly, I tend to find
> "lasts up to a year", which is doubtless true since "up to a year" could
> describe a few weeks.
>
> I find it very difficult to get realistic information in computer stores.
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: I need help!
Next: Port replicator screws up num lock