From: Bob on
Trying to figure the best way to display a simple hierarchical
structure with collapsible branches and checkboxes like a TreeView,
but with data fields like a ListView. The objective is something
like:

[x] + Top_Cat
[x] + Sub_level
[ ] Leaf1 --- some data fields
[x ] Leaf2 --- some more data fields

(The [x] things represent checkboxes, pref tri-state)

That would map directly to an XML file.

I've seen a couple "TreeListView" projects on CodeProject (Rista,
Seddon, Caudal, etc) but I thought maybe someone has had good luck
with this type of thing, or perhaps there's a larger scale project
somewhere.

Any ideas appreciated.
From: Bob on
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 21:31:07 -0400, Bob <Bob(a)znospam.com> wrote:

>Trying to figure the best way to display a simple hierarchical
>structure with collapsible branches and checkboxes like a TreeView,
>but with data fields like a ListView. The objective is something
>like:
>
>[x] + Top_Cat
>[x] + Sub_level
>[ ] Leaf1 --- some data fields
>[x] Leaf2 --- some more data fields

PS: Commercial controls would be fine, too. Especially given that I'm
drawing a blank here so far.