From: apalopohapa on
Hello.

I am using a global buffer input as clock input, the signal then goes
through a DCM, and I need to output the inverted clock through a pin into
another chip. Can I use any pin for this clock output or are there
specific pins that better serve this purpose?

Thanks.

From: austin on
a,

Any pin will function.

"Better" is a relative term: there are pins with less delay from the
pad on the die to the pin on the package, would you call this better?

If this is what you want (the shortest delay), you need to look at the
delay from the pad to the pin in the package.

This delay is commonly called "flight-time."

Austin

From: Nico Coesel on
"apalopohapa" <mr.arango(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I am using a global buffer input as clock input, the signal then goes
>through a DCM, and I need to output the inverted clock through a pin into
>another chip. Can I use any pin for this clock output or are there
>specific pins that better serve this purpose?

You can use any pin. Its best to use a DDR flipflop in the IOB.

"If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer!"