From: Roy Smith on
On 2/21/2010 6:09 PM, Surfer Joe wrote:
> Can anyone please suggest a good free antivirus?
> I'm tired of paying for norton.

There are several to choose from. Best thing is to download them and
try them out for yourself and decide which is right for you. Here's a
list of some popular free antivirus programs:

Microsoft Security Essentials: http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/
Avast!: http://www.avast.com/index
AVG: http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

I'm sure that you will get recommendations for other programs as well...

--

Roy Smith
Windows 7 Home Premium

Timestamp: Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:41:29 PM
From: Tom Willett on
Lern grammer and speling befor you criticizse otherz.

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
: And you make mangle sentance like typewriter monkey?

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:41:34 -0600, Roy Smith <rasmith1959(a)live.com>
wrote:

> On 2/21/2010 6:09 PM, Surfer Joe wrote:
> > Can anyone please suggest a good free antivirus?
> > I'm tired of paying for norton.
>
> There are several to choose from. Best thing is to download them and
> try them out for yourself and decide which is right for you.

Trying them yourself and deciding which is right for you is excellent
advice for almost all kinds of software. But the one kind of software
where I think it's poor advice (very poor advice) is security
software. The don't all work equally well, and it's very difficult to
determine for yourself how well each of them works.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Tim Meddick on
Surfer,
I have used AVG [free] for the past eight years, and have found it to be
very reliable.
However, it is a product from a company with commercial interests and, as such, does
contain an element of advertising of it's paid-for sister software.

These "reminders" are sometimes called "nag" screens, and can be an inconvenient
distraction.

I have heard of the recent release of Microsoft's first venture into creating a
fully-functional anti-virus program - Microsoft's Security Essentials (MSSE).

I am tempted to try MSSE but would like to hear some feedback on it's use, if I can,
before I change from an AV that has protected my PC effectively and caught many
would-be attacks in the past...

AVG 9.0 [free] :
http://free.avg.com/download-file-ins-afg-free

MSSE :
http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/3/8/A38FFBF2-1122-48B4-AF60-E44F6DC28BD8/mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-xp.exe

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: Nil on
On 22 Feb 2010, "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> Lern grammer and speling befor you criticizse otherz.

You shall like irony more best if whizz below your top head.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: XP dual monitor problems
Next: window opacity