From: Rod Speed on
Juarez wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> It is based on the hard facts of how hot they dont get and how quiet they are, and how few are howling about major
>> problems like you see with Seagate and WD currently.

> I have 3 1TB WD Black in this PC I am using right now and have had no such issues. I have some Samsung HDDs in other
> PCs right now too but I bought the WD Blacks because they came highly recommended and not because they have noise or
> heat issues.

Pity about those howling about the visible corrosion on the underside of the logic card.

No interested in 'highly recommended', what matters is what's delivered.

From: Juarez on
On 24/04/2010 4:36 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

> Pity about those howling about the visible corrosion on the underside of the logic card.
>
> No interested in 'highly recommended', what matters is what's delivered.

Yea, and I got delivered good HDDs. Maybe these issues apply to 2TB
models and not the older 1TB?
From: Rod Speed on
Juarez wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> Pity about those howling about the visible corrosion on the underside of the logic card.

>> No interested in 'highly recommended', what matters is what's delivered.

> Yea, and I got delivered good HDDs.

Time will tell on that.

> Maybe these issues apply to 2TB models and not the older 1TB?

Fraid not.

From: Juarez on
On 27/04/2010 9:35 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

>> Maybe these issues apply to 2TB models and not the older 1TB?
>
> Fraid not.

I see the thread on oxidization of WD and Seagate HDDs now. First I have
heard of it and I guess I will find out one way or another if it is true.