From: root on
I want to download the 13.1 DVD. Half a dozen
sites in the US have stopped sending when I
get 2Gb or so. The rest of the sites don't
show the iso images. I tried a UK site but
it also stopped at 2.1Gb. At the risk
of Slashdotting the site, what should I use?

TIA
From: Mr. B-o-B on

root cried from the depths of the abyss...

> I want to download the 13.1 DVD.

I would d/l the .iso's you seek using torrent & not from a site directly.

B-o-B
From: root on
Mr. B-o-B <bob(a)netscape.net> wrote:

> root cried from the depths of the abyss...
>
>> I want to download the 13.1 DVD.
>
> I would d/l the .iso's you seek using torrent & not from a site directly.
>
> B-o-B

Yeah, that's what I am doing now. Half the speed,
but I can wait.
From: Henrik Carlqvist on
root <NoEMail(a)home.org> wrote:
> I want to download the 13.1 DVD. Half a dozen
> sites in the US have stopped sending when I
> get 2Gb or so.

Are you sure that it is the ftp server that aborts the download and not
your ftp client? Which ftp client are you using? What kind of file system
are you saving the image to?

If you are using an ftp client which isn't compiled for large file support
your problems might be caused by the 32 bit limit which comes at 2 GB.

Also some file systems like FAT16 has a file size limit of 2 GB.

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

From: root on
Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist(a)deadspam.com> wrote:

> Are you sure that it is the ftp server that aborts the download and not
> your ftp client? Which ftp client are you using? What kind of file system
> are you saving the image to?

I am using whatever client comes with Slack 13.0.
Now that you mention it, the 2Gb limit may be
the problem even though several of the mirrors
stopped well short of 2Gb.

As far as I am concerned, the mirrors are obsolete:
torrents are the only way to go. See my footnote.

> Also some file systems like FAT16 has a file size limit of 2 GB.

It is going into an ext2 system.

> regards Henrik

Thanks for responding. I want to correct something in my
ramping up when I looked. It is now running 3 times
as fast as the highest speed mirror.