From: Mike Gale on
I'm helping to rearrange an email account.

The account has been run via a web interface to the ISP's mail store for
some time. (It's not one of the big name free ISP's.)

The messages (a lot of them) will be transferred to Outlook. (I could use a
number of different versions of Outlook to get the local PST up to date
before installing it on the target machine.)

There are currently a lot of messages in the remote inbox.

I'd like to move them in batches, say 20 at a time.

I'm looking for the slickest way to do that.

Options which are a bit clunky and which I'd rather avoid include:

1) Download headers into Outlook, then mark some to transfer.

2) Moving mails on the remote server into a holding pen directory then
batching them via the remote inbox.

Ideally I'd like a command within Outlook that just does what I want. I
haven't found one so far (which surprised me).

If I'm pushed into a corner I'm prepared to program something up, these days
I'd use .NET to work with the Outlook API, though it's many, many years since
I touched that so I'd have to research it all over again.

What is the best way to do this?

(Best for me is least time, least thinking, least steps and ideally
something that somebody else (without a programming background) can safely
do.)
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Mike Gale" <MikeGale(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

> I'd like to move them in batches, say 20 at a time.
>
> I'm looking for the slickest way to do that.

Can you log into the mailbox with a web browser? If so, move to a temporary
folder all but 20 of the Inbox messages. Allow Outlook to download those and
deal with them. Move back to the server Inbox the next 20 and repeat.
Continue until all are handled.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]