From: brendanh on
On Jan 17, 5:50 pm, Jan Karel Pieterse <jkpiete...(a)netscape.net>
wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> > Is there a better more secure way toprotectaVBAproject?
>
> Yes there is (misplaced the link to this one):
> 10. Go to Tools > Share Workbook
> 14. Press Ok to accept that "macros cannot be accessed"
> Regards,
>
> Jan Karel Pieterse
> Excel MVPhttp://www.jkp-ads.com

Jan, my spreadsheet uses XML data, so when I follow this procedure I
get an error at step 10 saying "This workbook cannot be shared because
it contains Excel tables or XML maps...". Is there any way of
protecting my VBA?

From: Jan Karel Pieterse on
Hi Brendanh,

> Jan, my spreadsheet uses XML data, so when I follow this procedure I
> get an error at step 10 saying "This workbook cannot be shared because
> it contains Excel tables or XML maps...". Is there any way of
> protecting my VBA?

Looks like you can't, I'm sorry!

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com