From: astral on

"jbriggs444" <jbriggs444(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 20, 6:14 am, "astral" <ast...(a)news.eternal-september.org>
wrote:
> Does some know free Binary file (exe) to decimal values converter, and
> Binary file to Hex converter ("two-in-one" utility). With option to select
> delimiter. i I googled many times, but did find anything. All binary to
> decimal / hex converters are online scripts for converting between
> different
> representations of numbers, whereas I need utility that take binary EXE
> file
> as unput and convert it into decimal format, allows save it in text file.

$ od -t d1 /usr/bin/od | more
0000000 127 69 76 70 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0
0000020 2 0 62 0 1 0 0 0 -64 18 64 0
0 0 0 0

$ dump /decimal sys$system:dump.exe /output=myfile.txt

Real operating systems have dump utilities built in. Real dump
utilities
have decimal [and octal] options.

I haven't tested it, but Google shows me:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/xd/ ("Extended Dump and Load Utility") which
is
available as a Windows binary.
-------------

what mean your code? Is it for unix system? If for Windows, how to use it,
where is delimiter?

From: Mok-Kong Shen on
astral wrote:

> "jbriggs444" wrote:

> $ od -t d1 /usr/bin/od | more
> 0000000 127 69 76 70 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
> 0 0 0 0
> 0000020 2 0 62 0 1 0 0 0 -64 18 64 0
> 0 0 0 0
>
> $ dump /decimal sys$system:dump.exe /output=myfile.txt
>
> Real operating systems have dump utilities built in. Real dump
> utilities
> have decimal [and octal] options.
>
> I haven't tested it, but Google shows me:
>
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/xd/ ("Extended Dump and Load Utility") which
> is
> available as a Windows binary.
> -------------
>
> what mean your code? Is it for unix system? If for Windows, how to use
> it, where is delimiter?

What jbriggs444 wrote is evidently for unix. What do you mean by
delimiter? Do you mean you need a special symbol of your choice after
each n decimal or hexadecimal digits? In that case I am afraid that you
have to spend a (tiny) little time to write a few lines of C code.

M. K. Shen

From: Phoenix on
On 20 Maio, 14:04, "astral" <ast...(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:

> what mean your code? Is it for unix system? If for Windows, how to use it,
> where is delimiter?

Follow the link http://www.fourmilab.ch/xd/

Download xd.zip.

The release archive contains source code, a Makefile for building the
program, and documentation in manual page and HTML form. A ready-to-
run WIN32 executable, xd.exe is included, along with the workspace and
project definition files used to build it with Microsoft Visual C 5.0.

From: astral on

"Mok-Kong Shen" <mok-kong.shen(a)t-online.de> wrote in message
> astral wrote:
>>
>> "jbriggs444" wrote:
>
>> $ od -t d1 /usr/bin/od | more
>> 0000000 127 69 76 70 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
>> 0 0 0 0
>> 0000020 2 0 62 0 1 0 0 0 -64 18 64 0
>> 0 0 0 0
>>
>> $ dump /decimal sys$system:dump.exe /output=myfile.txt
>>
>> Real operating systems have dump utilities built in. Real dump
>> utilities
>> have decimal [and octal] options.
>>
>> I haven't tested it, but Google shows me:
>>
>> http://www.fourmilab.ch/xd/ ("Extended Dump and Load Utility") which
>> is
>> available as a Windows binary.
>> -------------
>>
>> what mean your code? Is it for unix system? If for Windows, how to use
>> it, where is delimiter?
>
> What jbriggs444 wrote is evidently for unix. What do you mean by
> delimiter? Do you mean you need a special symbol of your choice after
> each n decimal or hexadecimal digits? In that case I am afraid that you
> have to spend a (tiny) little time to write a few lines of C code.
>
> M. K. Shen
----------

...code for Real operating system. Windows have no such features, likely?
Delimiter: instead of decimal output like this 52,136,7,0,0,0,0,
set this: t(102),t(097),t(229),t(224),t(077),t(247),t(208),t(000)

From: astral on

"Phoenix" <ribeiroalvo(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 20 Maio, 14:04, "astral" <ast...(a)news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
>

>> what mean your code? Is it for unix system? If for Windows, how to use
>> it,
>> where is delimiter?

> Follow the link http://www.fourmilab.ch/xd/
>
> Download xd.zip.
>
> The release archive contains source code, a Makefile for building the
> program, and documentation in manual page and HTML form. A ready-to-
> run WIN32 executable, xd.exe is included, along with the workspace and
> project definition files used to build it with Microsoft Visual C 5.0.

---------
I tried XD program but, decimal output look a bit inaccurate,
77,90,144,0,3,0,0,0,4,0,0,0,255,255,0,0,184,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,64,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,240,0,0,0,14,31,186,14,..

dont see way to set custom delimiter, or use 3 digit representation for all
strings