From: rossum on
On Fri, 21 May 2010 15:22:00 +0100, rossum <rossum48(a)coldmail.com>
wrote:

Whoops! Looks like I don't know as much Java as I thought I did.

> /** enum for allowed number bases. */
> public enum Base {
> HEX('H'), // Upper case hex: AF
> LOWER_HEX('h'), // Lower case hex: af
HEX('X'), // Upper case hex: AF
LOWER_HEX('x'), // Lower case hex: af

> DECIMAL('d');
>
> private final char mBase;
>
> Base(char b) { mBase = b; }
>
> public char getBase() { return mBase; }
> } // end enum Base

rossum

From: jmorton123 on
One of the additional utility programs available with the BulletProof
Random Number Generator freeware is the Binary to Decimal Conversion
Utility Program. It's available at KingKonglomerate.com at the
Downloads page.

JM

From: Bryan on
Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
> astral wrote:
> > Does some know free Binary file (exe) to decimal values converter, and
> > Binary file to Hex converter ("two-in-one" utility).  [snip]
>
> My knowledge being poor, I like to learn something at this opportunity
> by asking a question: What could be the basic programming difficulty
> underlying this issue? I presume, if I don't err, that any binary file
> could be read in wordwise and then write out formatted in decimal
> or hexadecimal digits in C.

It's a reasonable exercise. Converting binary to decimal is obviously
not an open research problem, but it does come up. A competent
programmer ought to be able to tackle it efficiently.

Mr. Shen, how far did you get? Please show your work.

--
--Bryan