From: astral on
Does some know free Binary file (exe) to decimal values converter, and
Binary file to Hex converter ("two-in-one" utility). With option to select
delimiter. i I googled many times, but did find anything. All binary to
decimal / hex converters are online scripts for converting between different
representations of numbers, whereas I need utility that take binary EXE file
as unput and convert it into decimal format, allows save it in text file.

From: Tom St Denis on
On May 20, 6:14 am, "astral" <ast...(a)news.eternal-september.org>
wrote:
> Does some know free Binary file (exe) to decimal values converter, and
> Binary file to Hex converter ("two-in-one" utility). With option to select
> delimiter. i I googled many times, but did find anything. All binary to
> decimal / hex converters are online scripts for converting between different
> representations of numbers, whereas I need utility that take binary EXE file
> as unput and convert it into decimal format, allows save it in text file.

I don't know if anyone just gives such a program a way, it'd easily be
a several week undertaking project. You might have to shop around.

Tom
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
astral wrote:
> Does some know free Binary file (exe) to decimal values converter, and
> Binary file to Hex converter ("two-in-one" utility). [snip]

My knowledge being poor, I like to learn something at this opportunity
by asking a question: What could be the basic programming difficulty
underlying this issue? I presume, if I don't err, that any binary file
could be read in wordwise and then write out formatted in decimal
or hexadecimal digits in C.

M. K. Shen

From: Maaartin on
On May 20, 12:14 pm, "astral" <ast...(a)news.eternal-september.org>
wrote:
> Does some know free Binary file (exe) to decimal values converter, and
> Binary file to Hex converter ("two-in-one" utility). With option to select
> delimiter. i I googled many times, but did find anything. All binary to
> decimal / hex converters are online scripts for converting between different
> representations of numbers, whereas I need utility that take binary EXE file
> as unput and convert it into decimal format, allows save it in text file.

What you think, does it concern more cryptography or more science in
general? Maybe you'd better look for a sci.hex.converter group or
create it. Alternatively, you could pay a beginner programmer for 5
minutes of his work.
From: jbriggs444 on
wrote:
> Does some know free Binary file (exe) to decimal values converter, and
> Binary file to Hex converter ("two-in-one" utility). With option to select
> delimiter. i I googled many times, but did find anything. All binary to
> decimal / hex converters are online scripts for converting between different
> representations of numbers, whereas I need utility that take binary EXE file
> as unput and convert it into decimal format, allows save it in text file.

$ od -t d1 /usr/bin/od | more
0000000 127 69 76 70 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0
0000020 2 0 62 0 1 0 0 0 -64 18 64 0
0 0 0 0

$ dump /decimal sys$system:dump.exe /output=myfile.txt

Real operating systems have dump utilities built in. Real dump
utilities
have decimal [and octal] options.

I haven't tested it, but Google shows me:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/xd/ ("Extended Dump and Load Utility") which
is
available as a Windows binary.