From: Ginny Caughey [MVP] on
Mark,

What if you just set the DataSource to the new result set? Or use a
DataTable instead of a result set?

--
Ginny Caughey
..NET Compact Framework MVP

From: Mark Huisinga on
Hi Ginny,

Actually there is no "new" resultset. What I'm doing is when the user enters
a categoryid in the lostfocus event of the textbox I do a seek on the
resultset. If a category id is found I want to update the bindingsource to
the same position as the resultset.

I prefer the sqlceresultset because it is faster on the device with large
tables.

Mark

"Ginny Caughey [MVP]" <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> schreef in
bericht news:eWgTxsVlGHA.3528(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

From: Ginny Caughey [MVP] on
Mark,

If you have a *small* sample of code that illustrates what you're trying to
do I'll be glad to have a look at it. I also prefer SqlCeResultSet not only
for speed but also because it's generally a lot easier to use, but I haven't
run into the problem you're describing so I'm curious exactly what you're
doing.

From: Mark Huisinga on
categoriesResultSet is generated.(Northwind).
categoriesResulstSet set to Detail in the Data Sources then dragged onto a
form.

call Addnew, Then type exisiting CategoryID in Category ID Text Box. Now I
want to retrieve the corresponding record and position the BindingSource on
the corresponding record.

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
categoriesResultSet = new
DeviceApplication3.CategoriesResultsetResultSets.CategoriesResultSet();
categoriesResultSet.Bind(this.categoriesResultSetBindingSource);
}

private void btnAddnew_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
categoriesResultSetBindingSource.AddNew();
}

private void category_IDTextBox_LostFocus(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
// solution 1
if (categoriesResultSetBindingSource.SupportsSearching == false)
{
// too bad, this whould have made life easy
MessageBox.Show("No search support");
}

// solution 2
// try seek but doesn't work
if
(categoriesResultSet.Seek(System.Data.SqlServerCe.DbSeekOptions.FirstEqual,
new object[] { category_IDTextBox.Text }))
{
categoriesResultSet.Read();
categoriesResultSetBindingSource.DataSource =
categoriesResultSet.ResultSetView;
}

// solution 3
// this also doesn't work. Presumably pass the record as parameter, but
how to get record ?
int index =
categoriesResultSetBindingSource.IndexOf(category_IDTextBox.Text);
if (index > 0)
{
categoriesResultSetBindingSource.Position = index;
}
}

Hope this sheds some light on it.

Mark

"Ginny Caughey [MVP]" <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> schreef in
bericht news:Ouv5r2elGHA.4308(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Ilya Tumanov [MS] on
RS does not have any data inside, so you can not use Find(), IndexOf() and
so on - there's no data to find or compare against.

The idea of RS is what if you need to find something, SQL Mobile should do
that. So please construct another SQL query and execute new RS.

If that does not fit your pattern, please use DataSet which loads all the
data to allow for Find().

--
Best regards,

Ilya

*** Want to find answers instantly? Here's how... ***

1. Go to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework?hl=en
2. Type your question in the text box near "Search this group" button.
3. Hit "Search this group" button.
4. Read answer(s).