From: Mark Huisinga on
Bindingsource.find(..) doesn't seem to work on a bindingsource with as
datasource a sqlceresultset.resultview. As far as I can tell this is odd
since the sqlceresultset.resultview does implement IBindingList. Or is this
a limitation of the compactframework ?

Mark.

From: Ginny Caughey [MVP] on
Mark,

I think it's probably a limitation of the SqlCeResultSet since it doesn't
contain the actual data and only maintains pointers to the data (unlike
DataSet). Similarly Sort is also not supported I believe.

--
Ginny Caughey
..NET Compact Framework MVP

From: Mark Huisinga on
Ginny,

Ok, that is too bad. I have tried to achieve something similar by using the
sqlceresult seek method, however I then have no idea of how to update the
bindingsource so that my controls show the correct record. Is this at all
possible ?

thanx,

Mark

"Ginny Caughey [MVP]" <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> schreef in
bericht news:u$MjhaUlGHA.3816(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

From: Ginny Caughey [MVP] on
Mark,

Probably the best way would be to set the BindingSource.DataSource to null,
then set it back to your new resultset.

From: Mark Huisinga on
Ginny,

I tried that, but setting the bindingresource to null resulst in an
ArgumentException without an errormessage ( the source assembly cannot be
found).

Mark

"Ginny Caughey [MVP]" <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> schreef in
bericht news:%236F1$IVlGHA.3396(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...