From: Hans-J. Ude on
Seetharam schrieb:

>Did you consider owner drawn buttons?

Yeah, but I'm not much of an artist. That would look worse than before
;)

Hans

From: David Webber on
"Hans-J. Ude" <news(a)s237965939.online.de> wrote in message

>>Did you consider owner drawn buttons?
>
> Yeah, but I'm not much of an artist. That would look worse than before
> ;)

You don't have to be an artist: just create an icon using the existing
picture as the basis :-)

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
One colossal failure in the whole Windows system is the lack of any APIs to draw buttons,
or other objects. I used to do this using DrawEdge, but Microsoft has decided to be
"cute" and use buttons which have gradient fill and funny shapes, but have not supplied us
any APIs to draw the core button object. This is a real pain, and shows that people at
Microsoft have become more concerned with "looking cute" than with providing necessary
functionality. A sad decline.
joe

On Mon, 24 May 2010 18:26:35 +0200, Hans-J. Ude <news(a)s237965939.online.de> wrote:

>Seetharam schrieb:
>
>>Did you consider owner drawn buttons?
>
>Yeah, but I'm not much of an artist. That would look worse than before
>;)
>
>Hans
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Anthony Wieser on

"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote in message
> One colossal failure in the whole Windows system is the lack of any APIs
> to draw buttons,
> or other objects. I used to do this using DrawEdge, but Microsoft has
> decided to be
> "cute" and use buttons which have gradient fill and funny shapes, but have
> not supplied us
> any APIs to draw the core button object. This is a real pain, and shows
> that people at
> Microsoft have become more concerned with "looking cute" than with
> providing necessary
> functionality. A sad decline.
> joe

It's just a question of knowing where to look Joe.

In this case, it's in UXTheme, and the functions like DrawThemeBackground

--
Anthony Wieser
Wieser Software Ltd

From: Tom Serface on
FWIW, this is really easy with WPF so at least they are trying to improve
it. Problem is, there isn't a great native story for using WPF.

Tom