From: Hans-J. Ude on
From VC6, where has it gone? I havent't found anything like that in VS
2005. I dont mean the COM objects.

http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/bok_0672312417/elementLinks/01fig25.gif
http://www.informit.com/library/content.aspx?b=Visual_C_PlusPlus&seqNum=24

Hans

From: David Scambler on
Hans-J. Ude <news(a)s237965939.online.de> wrote in

> From VC6, where has it gone? I havent't found anything like that in VS
> 2005. I dont mean the COM objects.

Ask yourself two questions:
1) Is the feature related to native MFC development?
2) Is the feature really handy in VC6?

If you answered yes to both these questions then the answer is "no", it is
not available in VS2005.

If you think this response is overly cynical just look at this pathetic
non-answer to the same question, by a moderator, no less, of a microsoft
forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/bc032b9e-
cf0d-4b09-9fd2-ec43b0f83e35

The respondant had never heard of Project/Add to Project/Components and
Controls/Visual C++ Components/Popup Menu, but the (duplicated) response is
nevertheless flagged as an answer.

Oh how I am looking forward to enhancing and improving my experience by
closing down news groups in favor of fora.

From: Hans-J. Ude on

"David Scambler" <aa(a)aa> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hans-J. Ude <news(a)s237965939.online.de> wrote in
>
>> From VC6, where has it gone? I havent't found anything like that in VS
>> 2005. I dont mean the COM objects.
>>

> Ask yourself two questions:
> 1) Is the feature related to native MFC development?
> 2) Is the feature really handy in VC6?
>
> If you answered yes to both these questions then the answer is "no", it is
> not available in VS2005.

Too bad, but therefore we have a user interface with comboboxes for
true/false or yes/no selections and other braindead "improvements". Or
wizards with the speed of a snail, which use IE scripting that breaks when
IE version changes and the registry has to be patched manually to fix it.

Hans

Pages: 1
Prev: Catch HTML file drops
Next: Bitmap dialogs