From: John Pilger on
I've had a Brother 4070CDW color laser for several years. So far I've
loved the output, both color and B&W. Last week it started scattering
black specks over the page. I tried switching the BK cartridge but
the pattern remains the same. Can you suggest how to clean whatever
to stop this?

John
From: Tony on
John Pilger <syrjohn(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>I've had a Brother 4070CDW color laser for several years. So far I've
>loved the output, both color and B&W. Last week it started scattering
>black specks over the page. I tried switching the BK cartridge but
>the pattern remains the same. Can you suggest how to clean whatever
>to stop this?
>
>John

John
Can you measure the exact vertical distance between the spots and check that
they are always that distance apart. if this is 75mm then the drum unit is at
fault and you will need to clean the drum using the procedure in the manual, if
the distance is 78.5mm then that is a fuser problem.
Tony