From: RossettoeCioccolato on
Is there a way programmatically to blank (i.e. disable) CRTC0 and CRTC1 from
user mode. Win32k contains the functions
win32k!DrvEnableDisplay/win32k!DrvDisableDisplay which get called for
example when changing the video mode from the control panel and by the power
management subsystem. Is there a way to invoke these functions
programmatically?

Regards,

Rossetoecioccolato.

From: Tim Roberts on
"RossettoeCioccolato" <rossetoecioccolato(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
?
>Is there a way programmatically to blank (i.e. disable) CRTC0 and CRTC1 from
>user mode. Win32k contains the functions
>win32k!DrvEnableDisplay/win32k!DrvDisableDisplay which get called for
>example when changing the video mode from the control panel and by the power
>management subsystem. Is there a way to invoke these functions
>programmatically?

No. That's under the control of the power management system. You can try
calling LockWorkStation.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Nobody on
"RossettoeCioccolato" <rossetoecioccolato(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Is there a way programmatically to blank (i.e. disable) CRTC0 and CRTC1
> from user mode. Win32k contains the functions
> win32k!DrvEnableDisplay/win32k!DrvDisableDisplay which get called for
> example when changing the video mode from the control panel and by the
> power management subsystem. Is there a way to invoke these functions
> programmatically?

Why do you need to do this? Maybe there is another way to accomplish what
you are trying to do.

From: RossettoeCioccolato on
Tim,

Thanks for your timely response. Could I use PoRequestPowerIrp() with the
PDO of the video card for this? Obviously, this function needs to be called
from kernel mode. But I can live with that if it is my only option.

> You can try calling LockWorkStation. <

I don't see how that would help. Even when the display is locked the CRTC's
will be enabled until the configured interval expires for the system to
power them down. Maybe I could change the configuration to use a
rediculously short interval and then wait. But I don't see any direct
relation between LockWorkStation and what I want to do.

Regards,

Rossetoecioccolato.

From: Leo Davidson on
On Mar 22, 4:56 pm, "RossettoeCioccolato"
<rossetoecioccol...(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
> Thanks for your timely response.  Could I use PoRequestPowerIrp() with the
> PDO of the video card for this?  Obviously, this function needs to be called
> from kernel mode.  But I can live with that if it is my only option.

What are you actually trying to do?

If you just want all the monitors to enter power-saving state then
that's really easy and doesn't require any kernel mode calls. Not sure
if that's what you want, though.