From: Terry on
I get a blue screen error (also known as the blue screen of death or BSOD) in
Windows XP Pro that is caused by PowerPoint 2007. I should say “primarily”
caused by PowerPoint as some other things will occasionally trigger it as
well. It usually happens when I am scrolling through a number of PowerPoint
slides. Other rare causes are also graphics intensive such as Google Earth or
a web cam.

My guess is that it is not a PowerPoint problem in itself but in a driver or
device issue (video card for example). But before I start detailed
troubleshooting I thought I would ask if anybody else encountered this issue
via PowerPoint and if so how they resolved it.

It can be a bit embarrassing during presentations….

From: TAJ Simmons on
Terry,

You've more or less answered your own question.... or pointed yourself in
the right direction....

First point of call - update your "graphics card drivers"

probably
www.ati.com
or
www.nvidia.com

Also try running something called memtest.... as bad memory will cause BSOD.

Also, if it's a desktop PC... then a failing Power Supply Unit can also
cause BSOD.... eg your graphics card and CPU start needing more power and
your PSU is pushed over the limit... causing a BSOD.

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

From: jpforestier on
These last days I've got also a very nice blue screen...Each time I want to
use Acronis to back up.
But nothing to deal with PPT..At least
"Terry" <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: