From: Gary Ashford on
I'd just finished my Windows 7 64-bit installation, all apps, etc., etc. and
was trying to get rid of the last error message associated with Blue Tooth
Drivers. I am using a Blue Tooth dongle from Linksys and was using the
dated software supplied. It is a mystery to me why there seems to be a
chasm between Microsoft and Blue Tooth which gives error messages and
reduced functionality. Anyway, I went to Broadcom's site and found
"updated" Windows 7 drivers, or so I thought. I proceeded to download the
package and running the install package. After a lot of thrashing, an error
message came back that it was unable to uninstall the previous drivers. I
also noticed that my desktop icons were disappearing one-by-one. It turns
out, the installation program destroyed my OS, deleted my personal document
files and even attacked my "Dropbox" installation deleting all the files
therein. It even deleted 20 Gig of MP3 files. I contacted several people
at Broadcom but the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is
doing in that company in terms of end client support. It was a total
disaster. I've still not recovered all my application installations. I had
backup for the MP3. The DOC files are history... years and years of stuff
that I used for reference in my business. This is nuts. I've not been able
to find anyone with a similar tale to tell.

GEA

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Well, it seems that Broadcom's can nor make the device working on Win 7.
I would disable it in the Device manger and use an external USB Dongle.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)..

From: smlunatick on
On Mar 28, 6:13 pm, "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <j...(a)discussiongroup.com>
wrote:
> Hi
> Well, it seems that  Broadcom's can nor make the device working on Win 7.
> I would disable it in the Device manger and use an external USB Dongle.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)..
>
> "Gary Ashford" <g...(a)kuratrading.com> wrote in message

> > I'd just finished my Windows 7 64-bit installation, all apps, etc., etc..
> > and was trying to get rid of the last error message associated with Blue
> > Tooth Drivers.  I am using a Blue Tooth dongle from Linksys and was using
> > the dated software supplied.  It is a mystery to me why there seems to be
> > a chasm between Microsoft and Blue Tooth which gives error messages and
> > reduced functionality.  Anyway, I went to Broadcom's site and found
> > "updated" Windows 7 drivers, or so I thought.  I proceeded to download the
> > package and running the install package.  After a lot of thrashing, an
> > error message came back that it was unable to uninstall the previous
> > drivers.  I also noticed that my desktop icons were disappearing
> > one-by-one.  It turns out, the installation program destroyed my OS,
> > deleted my personal document files and even attacked my "Dropbox"
> > installation deleting all the files therein.  It even deleted 20 Gig of
> > MP3  files.  I contacted several people at Broadcom but the left hand
> > doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing in that company in terms
> > of end client support.  It was a total disaster.  I've still not recovered
> > all my application installations.  I had backup for the MP3.  The DOC
> > files are history... years and years of stuff that I used for reference in
> > my business.  This is nuts.  I've not been able to find anyone with a
> > similar tale to tell.
>
> > GEA

Even with an external dongle, if it still use the Broadcom drivers, it
will not work. Microsoft Bluetooth will always take over.